Hinderer Accessories ( Pics, Pic Requests, Discussion)

Will the steel flame 45acp lock bar stabilizer fit on a 3" xm18?

Last edited:

Believe too large..more likely 9 mike mike.

As an aside: I only purchase official accessories and have not looked into this, so have little more info.

Edit--since this was mis-read and not very clear when originally written:

I only purchase official accessories. I have not looked into these items (even though they are an officially accepted). I do have a little more info. on the topic, but will allow others more knowledgable than I on these LBS mods chime in on the issue.

Last edited:

As an aside: I only purchase official accessories and have not looked into this, so have little more info.

I thought that steel flame items were official accessories. They are advertised for sale, currently out of stock, on hinderers website.

The .45acp stabilizer is an official accessory but is still considered pimping. Any questions on finer points with warranty issues should be emailed to Rob....BTW....the .45acp looks great on a clip hanging out of your pocket!
IMG_20130309_094928_433_zpse70825ef.jpg

Last edited:

The .45acp stabilizer is an official accessory but is still considered pimping. Any questions on finer points with warranty issues should be emailed to Rob....BTW....the .45acp looks great on a clip hanging out of your pocket!
IMG_20130309_094928_433_zpse70825ef.jpg

Thanks to both of you, chemdawg and need2know, for your replys. Even though I still don't quite yet understand the finer points between accessorizing my xm18 and keeping my warrenty intact, I still appreciate you taking the time to respond to my questions.

The Steel Flame .45ACP Shell Case Lock Bar Stabilizers do fit the 3" XM-18.

Anything you can purchase from Hinderer's website and used for its intended purpose is acceptable, you will not violate your warranty. Steel flame accessories are of course authorized Hinderer accessories.

Improper use of said accessories (e.g., you take a Steel Flame lockbar stabilizer, grind it down, weld it to your pivot screw to pimp it out) would violate.

Use your head, it isn't too hard to figure out.

Last edited:
The Steel Flame .45ACP Shell Case Lock Bar Stabilizers do fit the 3" XM-18.

Anything you can purchase from Hinderer's website and used for its intended purpose is acceptable, you will not violate your warranty. Steel flame accessories are of course authorized Hinderer accessories.

Improper use of said accessories (e.g., you take a Steel Flame lockbar stabilizer, grind it down, weld it to your pivot screw to pimp it out) would violate.

Use your head, it isn't too hard to figure out.

Thanks, RDA for your response as well. This is the good news I was hoping for.

You guys are funny.

I'm aware SF accessories are official. I also said I am not a purchaser of these so have no definite information.

And my statement on only buying official was not to suggest SF are not authorized, but a general statement to further confess my ignorance on the topic.

You guys are funny.

I'm aware SF accessories are official. I also said I am not a purchaser of these so have no definite information.

And my statement on only buying official was not to suggest SF are not authorized, but a general statement to further confess my ignorance on the topic.

Good to know.:D

Its through conversations such as this, however, that knowledge is learned and passed along.

Good to know.:D

Its through conversations such as this, however, that knowledge is learned and passed along.

In all honesty, I had no good answer to your question and posted only for the sake of helping you find an answer. You see, there are many here that will try and correct others if they mis-post. It doesn't bother me, nor do I care...as you noticed, it brings out some potentially beneficial information.

Btw--I'm very well aware of a lot of the posted information that followed your question. I don't buy these LBS pieces so know very little about them that does not mean I'm ignorant to other things.

In all honesty, I had no good answer to your question and posted only for the sake of helping you find an answer. You see, there are many here that will try and correct others if they mis-post. It doesn't bother me, nor do I care...as you noticed, it brings out some potentially beneficial information.

Btw--I'm very well aware of a lot of the posted information that followed your question. I don't buy these LBS pieces so know very little about them that does not mean I'm ignorant to other things.

Hopefully I haven't offended you, or made an ass of myself, which can, and does happen. That was not my intent. I'm just an empty sponge trying to soak up as much knowledge about RHK as all of you folks can provide.

Hopefully I haven't offended you, or made an ass of myself, which can, and does happen. That was not my intent. I'm just an empty sponge trying to soak up as much knowledge about RHK as all of you folks can provide.

No worries, I don't offend easily and see nothing here that bothers me at all.

Hope you found some useful info.

Picked up a Ti frag for my 3" today (thanks Franz). Wasn't sure about leaving the bronze standoffs and clip on but think it looks good together. Picking up my first 3.5 this week and it has bronze standoffs but it may have to wear its orange G10 for a while (I must admit my love for Hinderer G10 scales).

B7E4D924-126D-4C6E-96D3-CBD094D47AEE-11893-00000558F206E6E1_zps4a0e5417.jpg

25692778-7525-4A98-9F66-9E3DD1A54D07-11893-00000559029F5E5E_zpsf312392b.jpg

Very Nice :thumbup: and for your color co-ordination quandry on the incoming 3.5" - check out Bronze on Orange in Post #1

See what you think.

Back