Photos Hinderer Left Handed

It feels good to not be treated like the red-headed stepchild...

This weekend I swapped out the caged bearing for the pb washers. Centering is still great, but it went from rocketing open and smoothly drop shutting, to needing a wrist flick to open consistently and not drop shutting. Is this solely a need of washers to break in, or did I screw something up?

This weekend I swapped out the caged bearing for the pb washers. Centering is still great, but it went from rocketing open and smoothly drop shutting, to needing a wrist flick to open consistently and not drop shutting. Is this solely a need of washers to break in, or did I screw something up?
I bet you have the pivot to tight, trick is to find the sweet spot just when the blade is centered and then use a small drop of blue locktite.
If you want to use washer go with the teflon washer rather than PB
Bearings are OK but they are noisy and almost sloppy feeling , to me anyways. All of my Hinderer are on teflon washer .
Did you change the lock bar stabilizer?

If you're using grease: that really lubes things up well... but it slows things down.
try oil; and see if it speeds things up for you.
Good luck!

I bet you have the pivot to tight, trick is to find the sweet spot just when the blade is centered and then use a small drop of blue locktite.
If you want to use washer go with the teflon washer rather than PB
Bearings are OK but they are noisy and almost sloppy feeling , to me anyways. All of my Hinderer are on teflon washer .
Did you change the lock bar stabilizer?
I didn't touch the lock bar stabilizer. Just disassemble, remove bearings, add the spacers, add the pb washers, then back together.

I loosened the pivot a touch, and it was a much smoother opening. Still not drop shutty, but that probably just takes break in. In either case, I swapped back to bearings so I can have the extra smooth action now. I work in an office, so it's not likely to get gummed up. If I take it out on a hunting trip or similar adventure, I'll drop the washers back in. These really are easy to disassemble and reassemble. I think I'm actually gonna give this one some pocket time. (Along with a small sebenza 21 in a sheath as a backup knife.)

Now my only sadness with it is my orange scale gets discolored super easily from my jeans. I know a magic eraser makes quick work of it, but still. I want to get a second scale for this in black.

😁 that's why I bought a blue one: jeans discoloration is a non-event... 👍

Attachments

• IMG_18122021_114624.jpg
    IMG_18122021_114624.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 2
I loosened the pivot a touch, and it was a much smoother opening. Still not drop shutty, but that probably just takes break in. In either case, I swapped back to bearings so I can have the extra smooth action now. I work in an office, so it's not likely to get gummed up. If I take it out on a hunting trip or similar adventure, I'll drop the washers back in. These really are easy to disassemble and reassemble. I think I'm actually gonna give this one some pocket time. (Along with a small sebenza 21 in a sheath as a backup knife.)

Now my only sadness with it is my orange scale gets discolored super easily from my jeans. I know a magic eraser makes quick work of it, but still. I want to get a second scale for this in black.
It would be MUCH cheaper to Rit dye the orange scale to black, or just about any of other darker colors.

Where did you find these? VERY interested...

Not sure if you found one but I bought 2 during the chaos and worry they would sell out fast. I’m going to get rid of 1 if you want it. Just going to ask what I have Into to. If your interested shoot me a PM

Back