Hinderer

I can't find my original thread. Probably removed due to bad feedback which I deserved. My original post was "Hinderer - junk?" and I regret it. I'm a dumbsh** I admit. I was mad when the head of a handle screw popped off after what seemed like minimal torque. I also had downed a few beers at that time so was unreasonably emotional. A couple things have happened. Hinderer is shipping me a new screw at no expense to me. Secondly, I probably was applying too much torque. I wasn't using my torque wrench.

Anyway I regret my earlier post which seems to have been removed. I have 5 Hinderers and one of them is my clear favorite out of around 40 American made knives. Great company. I was mistaken.

I'm trying to post a picture of my favorite. I'm having problems with that probably because of my low membership level. I'll keep trying. It's a beauty.

Sometimes it’s best to take a deep breath and think something over before you say it (or post it on Bladeforums) but good for you to admit you made a mistake. We are all guilty of it, so no worries.

That’s great Hinderer took care of you, I’ve always wanted to try one but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

You can't post pictures directly unless your a paying member.You can load them on another site and post the link here. I use google photo or imgbb.com.

I use imgur. Copy the url, use the little photo button, paste in the window that pops up. Easy.

Hey at least you owned up to it. Also don't work with small pieces on knives while you are three sheets to the wind :D

Group hug!

You can change the name of your other thread if you want to. You can edit your posts, too. I’m editing mine now to say that is some rad hair.

Last edited:
Also, I don’t work on knives or firearms after 11 pm.
Judgement decreases and the likelihood I’ll dork something up increases dramatically.

Glad it worked out. It is totally understandable to get a little anxious when a high priced item is not functioning as hoped, but best to calm a bit and contact the maker or dealer 1st. They often can come up with simple remedies. In fact many specifically ask that you contact them 1st. to see if they can help. No company is problem free.
Enjoy your knife

Kudos on owning it. I’ve certainly jumped the gun on a few posts before. Enjoy those hinderers.

Back