History of the original Urban Pal

I lost my original 80s production urban pal in college, the all steel version. I've looked on and off for years for a replacement, finally found one in the WTB section. Upon my receipt, I noticed this one is different from the one I lost. My original version came with a snap closure leather sheath and was polished to a chrome like finish. The replacement one I just got came with the wallet sheath and simple blade scabbard but has a much less refined finish. Sand scratches are visible, edges are not rounded and it is nowhere near the level of polish as my first one. I'm thinking this was the original finish because the shallow logos(Cold Steel, Inc. and 1078)are still perfect even when surrounded by surface scratches. Can anyone verify the earlier versions match the description of the one I just purchased, I have heard of fakes but I assumed these were the newer versions. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to post pics of my purchase but I can't figure out the posting procedure just yet. I'm looking for a spare if anyone has an extra, an urban shiv wouldn't be a bad purchase either, thanks in advance.

C'mon guys, someone here has to have some input. Anything would be appreciated. I have a message into CS customer service but haven't heard anything back yet.

The history is steeped in tactical goodness. A time when buck 110s and slip joints were the toast of the town a humble young man had a vision. The teachings will forever influence scumbags and noblemen alike.

pn1YIlh0j
pomILMYYj
pmqiQ1NKj
plCdM91tj

hopefully this works

I decided to post my reply over in your thread in the Cold Steel Forums. Nice job on the photos, by the way!

-Steve

Back