HIVK

This is what I propose: That Himalayan Imports Ltd. produce some first quality "Villagers": 14"+/-, .375"thick with heavy butt cap and HI super bolster. The blade to be made clean (no sword of Shiva, brass inlays, etc.), only makers mark and HI logo.
The scabbard to be made sans Karda or Chakma, so that it will be more compact; and without the brass chape to reduce damage to packsacks, car seats, etc. The extra length (from the usual 13-13.5 inch length) to be in lengthening the handle. This is a dandy everyday sort of Khukuri that can be there when you very much neeeeed one!!!!! All that Bando stuff is allright, unless you don't happen to have a needed tool along, cuz they're all too big for convient carry and for other emergencies! I speak from experience
eek.gif
redface.gif
&
smile.gif
both for need and WITHOUT and for need and HAVE.
Dan
We need to get the orders so we can get 'em made!

[This message has been edited by Dan K (edited 10-07-2000).]

OK
biggrin.gif
as long as it's Minnesota growen Wild Rice harvested by the Leech Lake Band
wink.gif

Dan

[This message has been edited by Dan K (edited 10-07-2000).]

Sounds practical. Please sign me up too.

Thanks

------------------
"To know and to act are one."

To get away with it is fun.

And as long as we're defying convention by going without karda and chakma, how would people feel about, just this once, skipping the blister-making raised ring on the handle?

Mochiman, on a couple of my khuks the ring is uncomfortable; however, on others, the ring actually enhances the grip. All things considered, I think we ought to keep the ring, which can easily be sanded down for those folks who don't like them. Just my nickel's worth (two cents adjusted for inflation).
smile.gif

I'm in for one as well.

Also, i agree; lets keep the ring.

Could the handles be wood?
it's easier to fix, and gives better traction.

------------------
Tatsuo
"He who laughs at himself laughs best" :D

Mochiman1,
If it makes you feel any better, I hate those rings as well and on those knives that I plan to use much: I grind them off and repolish the handle, you then only have those other goofy rings carved into the handle to deal with.
Dan

The rings have been there for a very long time- I expect for good reason. I do know they are necessary for keeping your hand off the blade when thrusting using a hammer grip. It ain't broke, so I ain't fixing it.

I grew a callous instead.

Finn

------------------
"To know and to act are one."

To get away with it is fun.

[This message has been edited by Finnean (edited 10-08-2000).]

Which is good enough for me! I shall follow Finn's example.

David

------------------
"Old too soon, smart too late"

Uncle Bill M, 2000

Back