Hmong Knife

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
The Hmong Knife arrived here in recent shipment from Nepal.
Sarki made the leather sheath
and a karda for HI Hmong Knife.

Overall length --16 3/4''
Weight --31 oz
Spine thickness --3/8''
Horn handle
Brass fittings.
Leather sheath
Made by Keshar Lal's son
$298. *SOLD*

Email to himimp@aol.com to order
First come first served

Last edited:
Hunglvq,
Have not heard from there for a while and hope you and our family are doing well.
Hope to hear from there soon.

Very nice knife.

I'll be interested in a "villager" version of this knife: the same blade but with a plain handle and guard.

Gorgeous knife, and I agre with david, I'd take a villager version for sure. I can picture the handle kinda similarly to a Spear Vala

That's super! They did a real fine job on that one.

The original sure felt good in hand. I have no doubt these will too.

Another one on the list...................................................

I have never seen a "villager" version of one of these. The native mountain peoples of Vietnam utilize a lot of brass in their everyday lives. Some handles have words (don't know if they stand for luck, religion, or Eat at Joe's) chiseled into the brass. Some of these shivs go 20 inches long.

Talks like a mate down at Alcatraz. Shivs?

All's I know is I got to be building up the piggy bank. One of these is crying out Live at Joe's..............................

I gotta go back and look at the picture of the one we held. It was a bit ornate as I recall, but not flashy.

I personally really like this one, make a great BBQ knife with a stag handled 1911 BBQ gun on the other side.....
Sheesh, daydreaming at 7:45 in the morning. What a great job.................

I'm good with Hi Powers, have one myself. Just like fatter boolits.

More pictures when you get this thing in your hand.

These things make great kitchen knives. You can slice with the belly but do fine dicing with the tip.

I have never seen a "villager" version of one of these. The native mountain peoples of Vietnam utilize a lot of brass in their everyday lives. Some handles have words (don't know if they stand for luck, religion, or Eat at Joe's) chiseled into the brass. Some of these shivs go 20 inches long.

thai enep comes close, this 'un is 19.25 in., i have a 16 in. one too, the one with the basket scabbard.
Enep%20002.jpg

have a 16 in. one too, e with a bamboo basket scabbard.
Enep001.jpg

this cantina thread covers a lot of hmong 'villager' versions.

it contains this photo of one similar to an earlier one made by one of our members in vietnam which we all drooled over in the cantina. it had a horn & brass bound scabbard tho.
i prefer this one. note the tapered grip. prefer that to a pure cylindrical one.

Hmong15.jpg

i recall one of the kamis at HI made one more like this for a cantinista a few years back. blade is narrower, pointier. goes better with a wood/rattan or string bound scabbard.

Enep 002.jpg Enep001.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that link. There are some really good photographs with it.

There is one blade id sure like to see HI make! A 25" Siru for scale. Yes a Barong! Whadya think Bawanna? Might call it a Bawrong:D Put a Thamar handle on it...long ferrule habakiless. I think it'd be righteous!

Khul e-nep Kronck!

4455b85b417a77111e2a88519069422f

Back