HOG Badger (New Model). . . .Specs And Pricing. . . Coming This Wednesday 11-1-17. . .

Glad to hear your HB is on it’s way Patrick. Mine is still in the great state of Ohio.

Order Date: 4th Nov 2017

This order is marked as Awaiting Shipment

Your Order Contains:
  • 1 x Hog Badger Big Double Cut INFI
    (Hog Badger Handle Options: Black & Tan G10 + $45)

Don't rush an artisan to craft a blade which you've paid top dollar for to then have it ready in a few weeks. 8 months + is fine with me. But if you're in need, Get the Bear Grylls knife ultimate pro. It cuts wood, makes fires, has a sharpener and also a whistle for raves, rape and disco situations.

I forgot about this knife it's been so long since I ordered it. There's no reason it should take this long, but there's no reason to change as long as they have a core market of collectors who will buy the knives no matter the cost or wait.

I really like the design of this knife and I'm sure it's very well made.

The reason it takes so long to get these is absolutely not because it takes that long to make them.

Last edited:
Scheduled delivery: Monday..
I guess I'm calling off on Monday.. :D

Got my BG version today. It is perfect. Whoever it was that sharpened it nailed the symmetry from one side to the other better than any other Busse I've ever recieved. I wish I would have saved up and bought enough of them to outfit the whole family.

Jerry Busse Jerry Busse , In my humble opinion, this one should become the Busse brand's "ratmandu". The camp knife that is always available because it is just too good to let fade away.

I forgot about this knife it's been so long since I ordered it. There's no reason it should take this long, but there's no reason to change as long as they have a core market of collectors who will buy the knives no matter the cost or wait.

The reason it takes so long to get these is absolutely not because it takes that long to make them.
........ well OK...your "point" would probably have more substance if Busse took payment (of more than $1) upfront and sat on the $s and delivered no knives in the time frame, say like "Survive!" but they don't, this is more like a formal "expression of interest" as people can in fact (many do I suspect) pull out the line and pass on the offering, it's essentially free to play right up until the email for payment arrives. I also note the extended wait times for delivery are stipulated. It is also not at all like Busse has not made and delivered any other knife between November and now....quite the oppose in fact. The old whine use to be that it was "too hard" to buy a Busse direct as production was so limited. There has NEVER I suspect been a better time and more Busse knives available to buy than the past @two years. some people also use the lead time to save for the purchase, they can commit to the knife (and actually only be out $1) and put away the $s awaiting delivery to come around, they are also guaranteed a knife of their choice, finish/grips/quantity wise. I also see the benefits this offers Busse in predicting demand ahead of time and, as a result, being able to schedule production resources and raw material acquisitions to suit.

There are more than a few quality knives avail for purchase and instant gratification online today. This will happily suit many people's thinking, that's OK, it's a free world. I, and the majority here I suspect, have little issue with Busse's approach to the OP2W offering.

Last edited:

Did it take a year to make YOUR knife? Of course not. But this isnt the only model they have been working on over the last year. They also make runs of blades for the military that we don't even hear about unless there are overruns that they can make available to us and those runs of military blades get first priority. Without knowing how many total models they have made over the last year, how many of each model they have produced, and how many knives they can actually produce in a day it is nowhere near possible to for any of us on the outside to know or say how long it should take to get our knives made.

... some people also use the lead time to save for the purchase, they can commit to the knife (and actually only be out $1) and put away the $s awaiting delivery to come around, they are also guaranteed a knife of their choice, finish/grips/quantity wise.

Or in Andy's case, give him more time to work the curb in his fishnets and stilettos... :eek: ;)

Back