Hollow handle survival knife

The Shatz

Gold Member
looking for a suggestion on who's making nice hollow handle survival knifes? I know ed Martins son used to make great ones but really haven't seen anybody but Randall making them lately? Any help would be appreciated

Vaughn Neeley....I have a couple. :cool:

Here are a couple that are long sold out by Allen Elishewitz, one being a collaboration with Shane Siebert.

large.jpg

Last edited:
Newt Martin made some of the nicest hollow handle survival knives, unfortunately the knife world lost him and they are difficult to find.

Other options to consider is the older Chris Reeve fixed blades (single billet) hollow handled knives, or Wilson Custom knives.

Agreed navy man I'd love to find one at a affordable price. A Martin popped up for sale yesterday but Its really pricey!!!

I did this one. I'm planning to make one more from Damascus, but that will likely be it. No one wants to pay for what they cost to make. This was milled from a 15lb block, into ~24oz and took 16 hours in the machining center (running conservative feeds and speeds.)

This worked as a proof of concept and my machining set up, but wasn't absurdly wasteful enough to scratch that itch so on to Turkish twist. :D

086CQxT.jpg

I have some coming out for Blade Show and of course will have some for sale before also. I knew Newt and he taught me how to make them and provided me with tons of information to advance my learning curve. That was the type of guy that he was to pass on knowledge freely to others. Here is a picture of the first one made. Haven’t sharpened yet until I finish the sheath this weekend.

I have some coming out for Blade Show and of course will have some for sale before also. I knew Newt and he taught me how to make them and provided me with tons of information to advance my learning curve. That was the type of guy that he was to pass on knowledge freely to others. Here is a picture of the first one made. Haven’t sharpened yet until I finish the sheath this weekend.
1507C546-EC1D-47D4-8686-D0BAFCBF9D80.jpeg

Last edited:
Mark Knapp makes a cool variation on one with a 1911 grip handle. I'd love one of those someday!

Back