HOLY CRAP!

I just got the WB mod10 in the mail yesterday, and the above subject line says it all. Unfortunately it's a gift, so I've got to say goodbye to it (#!@*%!!!).

I understand the ATS-34 is fairly rust-resistant, but I also know that bead blast finishes are a little more susceptible to corrosion. Any suggestions on keeping the blades healthy?

Also, thanks to Mick for all your help and for being a generally cool dude.

OK, I know that Mick & company are probably out of town or busy doing something or another, but maybe someone here could answer the previous question about taking care of the blades. Anyone? Class? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! I just got a Tuf-Cloth in the mail. Hope it does the trick.

JpG

Use Tuff-cloth or oil or whatever on the blade like you would care for any other knife or firearm. I asked a similar question on the Tactical Forums about the handle under the cordwrap and here's a copy of the reponse from the Strider guys:

"Not to worry Mr. Brad, we thought about that for you. Before we wrap the handles, we apply a coat of really awesome corrosion inhibitor. The handles rarely develop corrosion under the wrapping. Even under extreme conditions. I've had one out on my balcony for over a year, I live right on the pacific, and no corrosion is evident under the wrap. The blade looks like crap, but the handle is fine.
Carpe Diem

Mick, Duane and Cormac"

[This message has been edited by Brad Kenney (edited 11-16-2000).]

Thanks for the responses! I will forward the info on to the lucky soon-to-be owner of the knife.

Back