Holy Grails.

Pretty stoked to have a Janisong:cool:

I like mine too! Don't play w/it much but it's a unique item in my bali collection.

Thought I paid too much for it when I bought it but just noticed that there are a couple for sale on Arizona Custom for $595, which is a lot more than what I paid for mine. :)

There's also a rainbow Spyderfly for sale there for the same price.

There were 2 recent sales of Janisongs at $500 and $595 and another rainbow Spyderfly sold for $575. However, the seller's net would only be 75% of the sale price less the cost of shipping (to & from Arizona Custom) and any other expenses. So, the net return to the sellers at $595 would probably only be around $400.

There are also a couple of Janisongs for sale on EB for $448 and 490, respectively. East Coast Blades is actually offering 5 of them at $448, which is closer to what it's actually worth these days.

Last edited:
So my Holy Grail wasn’t a find, but it was a surprise. I’ve been telling my wife about CRK and how I really want a Mnandi, but that non-damascus ones are extremely difficult to find. In lieu of, I showed her the Umnumzaan as a “hint” for Christmas. Lo and behold, Christmas Day I open a brand new Mnandi in ladder damascus with Macassar inlays. My wife spent a month researching Mnandi’s, including using this forum. I was floored. I was dreading the conversation that was going to happen one day - “listen hon, I want this $600 knife that I can wear to church...” lol. Here’s a link to the actual knife.

https://recon1.com/product/chris-reeve-mnandi-macassar-ebony-inlay-ladder-damascus-blade/

For me, the grail is the complete St Nicks Knives 4V set. Took some effort as I was late to the game, but yes, that’s my grail.

At this point I think I've owned all the already produced Spydercos I've wanted to own. The only one I'd consider a grail would be the USN Endura 4. Had it, had to let it go, and I'll probably never have a chance to buy another one again.

What is it, some pictures and description would help out those of us unfamiliar with it.

428C92B3-A5FA-45D6-B61C-CE3D6262E4DD.jpeg

sorry for ripping off your photo, deacon but pics of this are pretty few and far.
It’s basically a standard cpm-440v PE Millie from that period with a forum laser engraving on the blade and a mother of pearl bug inlay on handle.

I honestly wish there is a Spyderco knife as my holy grail. Unfortunately there is not, even though I see myself as a fan of the brand. With that being said, I want to try out any future releases of the Military model (but won't cry or whine if I miss all of them).

View attachment 1486436

sorry for ripping off your photo, deacon but pics of this are pretty few and far.
It’s basically a standard cpm-440v PE Millie from that period with a forum laser engraving on the blade and a mother of pearl bug inlay on handle.
WoW! Do want!

WOW__August_2018_logo.jpg

A chinook in s90v. I had my chances but never pulled the trigger on one.

Back