Home Cinema

edmoses

Usual Suspect
As this forum is about toys - any other forum members into Home Cinema? - if so what do you have?

Regards,

Ed

Home theatre is another area which interests me. While my equipment is not super high-end, it works very well for me.

TV - 32" Sony Wega KV32FS12
Receiver - Sony STR-DE945
DVD - Sony DVP-S360
Main Speakers - B&W 602 S2
Surround Speakers - Sony SS-CR490
Subwoofer - JBL PSW1000

T

I'm getting into it slowly-

27" Sony VEGA (27FV16?)
Yamaha YHT-22 home theater in a box (sounds great for a box system)
Sony single disc DVD (DSC-330, I think)

Just a two-channel guy here:

Mark Levinson No. 380 Preamp
Mark Levinson No. 333 Amp
Naim 3.5 CD Player
Nordost Quattro Fil Interconnects
Nordost SPM Reference Speaker Cable
Wilson WATT/Puppy 6.0 Speakers
Sony ES MDS-JA555ES MD Deck

Have a 36" Sony WEGA, but no surround sound connected to it.

Mmm...home theater.
biggrin.gif

Here's my setup:

Paradigm Monitor 9 mains
Paradigm CC-350 center
Paradigm Monitor 3 rears
Paradigm Reference Servo-15 Subwoofer + X-30
Yamaha RX-V795 DTS/DD/DPL
Panasonic DVD-A110U
Sony CDP-X255 200 CD Changer
JVC HR-S3500U SVHS HiFi VCR
Zenith 25" Stereo TV
Carol 12 gauge speaker cable
Radio Shack gold connectors
Sony Playstation
Sega Dreamcast
Time Warner Digital Cable

Unfortunately, I've run out of a/v inputs. Will have to invest in a new receiver eventually...

cheers,
/mel
biggrin.gif

i have a decent setup, considering I'm not yet out of college. . ..

Sony hifi VCR
Creative DVD-rom drive (with the dxr3 decoder card) which is currently used on an NEC 19" FE950 monitor, but will soon be used with an LCD projector to turn an entire 7 foot wall into a movie screen.

32" Toshiba TV (this will be sold when the projector comes 'cause I'll buy a TV decoder card)

all this is hooked into a Technics 500W THX receiver (with all 5 speakers - -- no sub yet 'cause I always find other things to spend the $$ on, but the bass is pretty good with the 12" active/10" passive woofers in the main speakers) with Technics SH-GE70 equalizer.

My only problem is that those stupid LCD projectors cost almost as much as my computer and I can't afford the things yet :p

Okay, having asked the question my system is:

Tag McLaren AV32R EX
Tag McLaren DVD32R
Tag McLaren 5*100R Power Amps (2)
Sony DVP9000ES DVD
Dell PC with DVD-ROM, WinDVD and DVD Genie software.

B&W Nautlus 803, 805, HTM2 and SCM1 Speakers
B&W ASW4000 sub

Screen is either a 21 inch computer monitor or a Toshiba widescreen TV - depends on what I am doing (or if I am supposed to be working).

I am into this as much as I am custom knives.
biggrin.gif

Regards,

ED

I havent inhereted that gene from my Dad, but he's a maniac w/this stereo/home theater stuff:

--Sharp LCD projector
--4 Hafler 500 watt amps, bridged...3 Altec 800 watt amps
--Soundsmith speakers (huge 6 ft. tall tower speakers)
--JBL woofers, etc
--all sorts of smaller speakers hanging from the walls
--various DBX gadgets, Lexicon processors, etc...

I dont know how many times I've come to visit, and his ears are numb..."huh...???" But it does sound pretty damn good, even if it's alot of overkill...

--dan

------------------
pint1.gif

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."
THEODORE ROOSEVELT
(Paris Sorbonne,1910)

Co-Moderator of the General Flashlight, Lantern, & Headlamp Discussion Board at www.candlepowerforums.com
1*

Sony Video (monitor, VCR, DVD)

Sony receiver (will go away as soon as possible).

Paradigm Bipolar Exports
Parading CC-350
Paradingm bipolar surrounds

Audiostream cable

------------------
Ci Vit Tecum

Glad to see I'm not the only one with the Home Theater "Bug".
TV - Hitachi 36" Stereo TV
VCR - Sony SLV 779 HF
CD - Marantz CD-72
DVD - Onkyo Integra DPC-5.1
Receiver - Onkyo Integra DTR-7
Main Speakers - Paradigm 9 SE Mark III
Center - CC-350
Rear - Mini Monitor
Sub - PS-1200
Using Straight Wire and Transparent Audio/Video cables. I have heard better systems, but they were MUCH more expensive. Now, I just wish there were some tube equipment for my office upstairs
wink.gif

I can only dream of a system like the one my friend has built. Hearing the "warm-up" LaserDisc as I pull into his drive always scares me. Full-range "noise" as his system is given a wake-up call.

I don't know if I want a setup as bold as his Def Tech 3000 System. I'm more a discrete in-wall fan.

I've visited Stonehenge, and it's not as impressive. I've been subjected to some serious volume levels, I didn't realise the difference full-range bass from the centre channel makes. You should give the C/L/R3000 a demo if you get the chance. The Front "Towers" are about the best I've heard for HomeCinema. The effects speakers; the two pairs of Def Tech BPVX/P's are amazing.

One day, I too will have a setup to rival his. His new Receiver can play DTS 6.1 Discrete but I don't think there's that many Movies for it yet... Those centre rear speakers really do add to the experience!

Al

[This message has been edited by Size15s (edited 02-25-2001).]

This what I have in our small room
smile.gif

29" Wega
Sony VHS Player
Samsung DVD Player
Pioneer AVR VSX 509
PSB Alphas (all around)
Velodyne CT 120

Back