1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 35 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 31 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 34 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Homecoming

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Warrior108, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    If you had sent them to me I could've had all of them modified for you by now.

Warrior108 and Nbrackett like this.
  2. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    Impressive collection! There are a few that I'd be interested in, but I'm not in a position to even consider that right now. Am going through a Divorce right now and it stinks! Good luck.

3. plue

plue

Oct 3, 2012
    Beautiful knives!

Just wanted to say congratulations on getting out of it alive... twice!

4. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    Must be something in the water

wildmanh likes this.
  5. Night Rider

Night Rider Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2018
    Sounds like you had some hard times in days past but Never give up brother because that grandson needs a grandad to teach him some tips on Life, you know, the :poop: they don't teach in school and it sounds like you have some valuable life skills and street smarts that need to be past down. I'll always remember my gramps for giving me little jackknifes he would find at flea markets, he loved giving them to me as much as loved receiving them.

varga49 and B Griffin like this.
  6. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Bobbified? Bobbification? What is the correct term for your service? :)

7. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Man, sorry to hear that. I really am. As I told a friend recently; This was my 3rd so feel free to hit me up if you need to vent or need any advice/input. Hang in there.

wildmanh and Night Rider like this.
  8. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    "The Bobbitt" - serving customers since 1993.

Bill

TPVT, Nbrackett, NOLA and 2 others like this.
  9. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    Big Dealified

Nbrackett and B Griffin like this.
  10. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Thanks guys. The Congrats part was the only sincere part of that comment. In my head I was going for more of a Colin Fisher (gloom and doom guy assistant on Bones, played by Joel David Moore. Bones was the last TV show I ever watched) sort of sense of humor, but that's hard to pull off in text. I know I can't give up, and I'm not really motivated too give in. But there are other factors as well, that I won't go into here, that do make me wonder what's the point to it all, which actually drives the fairly dark sense of humor I have developed the last couple of years.

11. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    takes a strong man to be open with their thoughts/feelings. i’m not very good at it myself. like you, i tend to joke about the tough stuff. and, i also don’t think it’s unusual to at least consider “giving up”. with that said... don’t! never give up. rage against the dying of the light! life is precious. stuff like that... :rolleyes: ;)

sending you (et al) some love from VT, my friend.

Night Rider and B Griffin like this.
  12. Scotcha

Scotcha

Oct 25, 2013
    Awesome collection Jerry. Glad that you and the Fiddlebacks made it through the difficult times bro :thumbsup::thumbsup:

B Griffin likes this.
  13. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Sounds like you've weathered some storms. Be well--beautiful knife collection :thumbsup:

14. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Street Samurai Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    Nice that you have acquired all these very recently ... after everything was final... and are able to share here in public your new hard earned acquisitions...

Odaon, Scotcha and varga49 like this.
  15. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    Guess so.

Thanks! I may take you up on that.

16. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Jerry, I am sad to hear of this mess you've been dealing with. And also, I burst with pride when I see a collection like this one. I can't thank you enough my friend.

I remember them Jerry. They are all very farmiliar to me. Certain ones stand out though. Those are the ones that gave me fits, and those that I wanted to keep. You have a lot of those that I wanted to keep because you and I feel the same about blue it seems. There are also ones in your collection that gave me fits at finishing. Sometimes that is in the handle, and sometimes in the grind.

17. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I accept the position. After I stop hyperventilating from looking at that collection!

Nbrackett likes this.
  18. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    I'll guard the door with my Glock and AR while you guys meet. I've become very good at that the last few days. More details in another thread.