Homemade Buck 110 pouch

Here's the replacement pouch I made for my old (2 dot) Buck 110. The original leather knife pouches don't last forever (I've trashed several), they have no provision for carrying a hone, and they are not as secure as I prefer. This was the first version and it gave me a couple of ideas for version 2.

I wanted a pouch that no matter what I was doing, the knife would stay secure, hence the large flap with lots of velcro and the 3/4" Fastex buckle.

It has the internal hone pocket that I like to put in my pouches. The pictures show a red DMT 1"x2-3/4" hone (fine 600 grit) but I actually carry the knife with a green DMT in it (very fine 1200 grit). I carry a red and a blue (coarse 320 grit) in the hone pocket of the Leatherman Wave pouch I made. I usually have both pouches when I'm out in the field, backpacking, or whatever, so that gives me three different grit of hones. The DMT mini-hones are very light and they work extremely well. You can often find them for less than $18 for a set of three (green, red, and blue).

The pouch can accommodate a 2-1/4" or a 3" military belt. It also has a webbing strap on the back for ALICE clips and vertical strap carry.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

You made that? Looks good! Just as good as the Harsey sheath of the same kinda contruction I bought recently. Good jub!
Phil

Looks great, nice job. If you wanted secure, I think you got it. A little OT, but how do the hones hold up to water/dampness?

Blue Sky said:
Looks great, nice job. If you wanted secure, I think you got it. A little OT, but how do the hones hold up to water/dampness?

Blue Sky, the DMT hones are stainless steel impregnated with diamond and bonded to a plastic backing. They hold up to water very well.

Back