Hommayo/Mayossom????

156906-TnJF3.jpg

Nearly 11" Long!

now that's a Bad A$$ Knife!!! i knew it was just a matter of time for you guys to put something together! i like it!:)

That is a great looking knife, now what are you guys going to tell us about it? Or are you just going to leave us is suspense?

should i put it in my Hossom or Mayo picture folder?

Or you could post another pic, that way there would be a different one in each.

Sweet knife.

Here's another pic for scale. As you can see, it is BIG! Tom did most of the work, so put it in his folder. All I did was grind the blade and shape the handle. The knife is a heavy duty liner lock. The blade will likely be S30V on the ones I make and I don't know what Tom will use. There will be lots of variations, with and without bolsters, and with every imaginable blade shape. The handle (prototyped here in linen micarta) is straight off my Retribution combat knife, and the balance point is bang on the forefinger. Thanks for the nice comments..

Is it going to have a pouch or a clip? If I had my ruthers I would choose a pouch. S30V or possibly Talonite from Tom, very interesting. I love the size. It looks big enough to handle just about any chore.

When?

I love it! Beatiful grind and Jerry really knows how to design and shape a handle. Make mine S30V, green canvas micarta and ti bolsters and that blade shape.:D Awesome collaboration.

A beautiful folder! I like the blade profile. What about a frame lock version? What about adding a flipper to it? Can I change one of my order Jerry? :D

Yo Jerry, any chance you'll have some of those at the Paris show? Will you bring Mayo too? :D

That is just Bad-A$$....

Being that totally tactical (or actually, blactical) freak I am, black micarta on one of those would totally rock.

Great knife... :D

The baby poop yellow micarta was all Tom had in 3/8" thickness, so that's what I got. The color there in the middle of the handle is some of the skin of the micarta, so you can see I used all of the thickness available in shaping the handle. It has a very comfortable palm swell.

Flava, if I can get the info on the show (like how I can register), I'll probably have one there. As for bringing Mayo, I prefer white wine sauce. :)

BTW, the liners on this are 0.095" titanium, making it about as strong as most frame locks, but with more flexibility in handle shape. Flipper? Doubt it...

Jerry, I'm working on getting info about the show. Got two phone numbers but nobody answered today. Don't worry, I'll get in touch with them soon.

That is truthfully the best folder design i've ever seen. It is awesome. Don't change a thing, except maybe the handle color. I like having scales on both sides, it makes it less slippery and fills the hand better.

Now, any chance of a factory collaberation so us lowly folks can get one?

Regards,
David

Back