honored, shocked, deeply touched, and humbled

Status
Not open for further replies.

rishma

Basic Member
To my friends,

No matter what I write here it won’t feel like enough. There really are no words to describe the stunned gratitude I feel for the gift and the note that accompanied it. I am honored, completely shocked, deeply touched, and humbled by your generosity. Thank you. As inadequate as those simple words feel, thank you.

For those who don’t know what I am taking about…

I received a box in the mail today. I knew to expect a package because Peregrin Peregrin had cryptically told me he was facilitating delivery for my friends, but I had no idea what it was. I could not have been more surprised by the contents.

To my utter amazement, THE Knife arrived at my home today. It is quite literally the knife I have thought about for 25 years. A 1998 small regular sebenza has been gifted to me by my friends here.

Several weeks ago I told my CRK origin story and it seems my friends decided to make my someday aspiration a reality today.

Long story short, a 1998 small regular sebenza in BG42 was the first CRK I ever saw. This was the knife that sparked my many years (I guess decades at this point) of admiration of Chris Reeve Knives.

I have always planned to eventually own and carry a small regular. I proudly carry a 21 and my son carries a 31, but the regular has remained my favorite design because of the nostalgia. I had no expectation of ever owning an actual 1998 BG42 regular, the knife that started it all. It feels like I just inherited a family heirloom. I suppose now it actually is a family heirloom.

I am honestly stunned at the kindness and generosity. I really cannot believe it and I certainly don’t deserve it. A gift this special defies reality.

I’ve rambled enough. Thank you. Sincerely. Trust that this knife has found its final home and no one could possibly appreciate it more than me. While one could argue it belongs in a display case, I think it will have more virtue in my pocket. Many more pics to come. IMG_2702.jpeg

Congrats! That's a wonderful story and a really nice knife. I've never had a grail knife. At this point, I'm not sure what it would be. I'm glad you found your grail knife and now have it in hand. I hope you keep enjoying it for the next 25+ years. Kudos to those who helped you to get it! I knew there was some reason I liked hanging around this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back