Off Topic Hope to have help identifying a dagger! COMPLETELY unknown to the fam!

Hey guys! Been a reader.. now a member :)! Go easy on me please haha.
I've owned this dagger for some time and I have no idea, when, where, or what it is. It's been in the family since my grandfather, then to me. No one ever asked about it and he never said... but I wonder if it was possibly a spoil of war - my grandfather fought in The Bulge(he never talked about it). Idk if that info helps. Couldn't hurt(?). Other than that assumption... Nada.
We have no idea if it's even real but he had it for decades... Probably older than me.
The blade has no markings whatsoever. No where on the dagger are there markings. It is full tang. I've considered knocking the pommel off to look but can't get myself to honestly. Besides it's age and sentimental value, it is peened.
Please? Any help would be highly appreciated!
IMG_20190216_190353_zpsowq5sxd0.jpg

India, probably from a firm called Doon Steelworks. These were sold 1950's - through sporting magazines, along with Kukries. This model was sometimes called the Lion or Jaguar hunting knife. Price back then was around $6.
Amazing!--KV

Here's the kukri model, plus the large kris model that came a little later, and 2 sizes of one similar to your knife -

7851181_01_antique_knives_640.jpg

50886832_1_x.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Wow... Thank you for that. You know your stuff man. I googled 'lion hunting knife India' and the first image was almost spot on to what I have, just in better condition. I don't mind value and all... It's one of those passed down, sentimental, sort of things.
Could these have possibly been made
befobe or during WWII? Might be an ignorant question but I thought I'd ask. India was involved in the war. Things are always taken and given.
Thank you a bunch. I've wondered over thirty years for any information.

Probably not before post WWII. The kukri style knives show up late WWII a little, but the earliest I've seen ads for the Hunters is mid 50's. A company called Seaport Traders of California was a big importer of them. Seaport Traders would gain a little fame later for selling Lee Harvey Oswald the pistol he carried and used in his brief run from the law after the Kennedy assassination.

Back