Hornet XL Specs?

knifewing

Gold Member
I'm new to T.M. Hunt knives and have recently seen a reference to a Hornet XL. Can you tell me the spec difference between an XL and a standard Hornet? What about cost difference? Are they ever made in steels other than O1? Thanks for any info you can provide!

Yea... Todd has done a few small wharncliffe blades that are larger than the Hornet. The one that immediately comes to mind is the "3x3." 6" total with a 3" blade and 3" handle.

E12C97B2-FBB8-466C-9743-6F8AFEA017CC_zps7yvqklsc.jpg

It'd make for a handy little blade.... Sìnce they are custom knives, Todd can probably cook up whatever you can come up with.

Here is one I took off Todd's table at blade. I couldnt keep walking past it.

Last edited:
Thanks, Silverthorn and Jerry D, for the info. That 3x3 is very cool. Is it also 01? That would be tough to pass up at Blade or anywhere...

it's O1 -- and if he didn't keep selling out of them at Blade, I'd probably have one, too.

Again, I'm new to TMH, so please excuse another question. Does he ever work in anything stainless?

Todd has recently made a few knives in CPM 154. Typically you will see his knives in 01 with a few pieces here and there in 1095.

There really aren't any specific specs on these little warnies. They are all different. The story on these are they are just experiments aimed at improving or changing the hornet. Which is made off of a template so they are all pretty much the same. I never overly loved the hornet. So whenever I had a piece of steel left over that was the appropriate size I'd make one a little different, a little longer, different grind etc. That's what your seeing with these larger versions. Not a whole lot of them out there. Probably won't be to many more made. I've pretty much decided to do away with the hornet all together so I don't know how much playing around with the template I will do...... if your interested in one. I saw one for sale the other day on knife gods. Facebook group.

Back