!!! Horror !!! Horror !!! Horror !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had one Benchmade I wasn't happy with. And it was just dull. The rest have all been pretty decent.

This is why I buy products made exclusively in China. If I have a problem, I pick up the phone, dial, and a guy with an Indian accent says he is Steve from Indiana. After listening intently to my complaints he tells me that I owe the IRS $13,000 but I can settle for $4,500 if I give my credit card info.

I then tend to wake up with wet pants around the crotch and I notice I can't account for the last 7 hours.

I totally forgot about the knife that had problems.

Moral of the story. Don't eat yellow snow.

Last edited:
I don't understand the centering issue as a sign of poor quality on production folders.

The last folder I received was a dealer exclusive Military, green g10/CTS-204p. Cost was $170 on sale. The blade was off center but not touching the scale.

I didn't freak out, or send it back, or make a post to complain about horrible quality on the forum(s). I just grabbed two torx bits and spent 20 seconds of my time to center it. No drama or aggravation.

Been carrying it for 4 months so far and it hasn't moved.

I don't understand the centering issue as a sign of poor quality on production folders.

The last folder I received was a dealer exclusive Military, green g10/CTS-204p. Cost was $170 on sale. The blade was off center but not touching the scale.

I didn't freak out, or send it back, or make a post to complain about horrible quality on the forum(s). I just grabbed two torx bits and spent 20 seconds of my time to center it. No drama or aggravation.

It's a matter of degree. If the centering is just a bit off it's not an issue at least to me. But if it's noticeable to the naked eye, easily favoring one side, then it's not acceptable. As far as I can tell this would show a tolerance problem with the straightness of the blade, the scales or the milling of the holes for the standoffs or pivot. Or possibly just assembly. If I can't fix this through adjusting the tightness of the pivot or disassembling and reassembling then it goes back.

Nobody cares about craftsmanship!!! ...... I purchased an Ontario Knife Company "Rat 3" fixed blade at a large sporting goods store in Cedar Park, Texas today ...... I spent $75.00 on this piece of trash ...... (Which is $11.00 more than our nation's largest online retailer charges for the exact same knife) ...... The Rat 3 is supposed to be a good knife ...... WRONG!!!

1. The blade had a giant blemish on it.
2. The blade is as DULL as a bowling ball.
3. The nylon case that comes with this knife is (As ALL nylon cases are) a disgusting waste of money. Nylon and plastic cases NEVER fit the knife correctly ...... NEVER.

My knife purchasing experience has been horror-filled ...... Every single knife that I have purchased online has either been broken ... discolored ... case didn't fit ... etc.

((((((HELP))))))

Is there ANY knife company that cares about quality and craftsmanship??? ...... I haven't found one ...... Not one single knife company (that I have purchased from) cares about craftsmanship ...... Buck ... Ontario Knife Company ... Mantis ... Morakniv ... Columbia River Knife & Tool ... Schrade ... Benchmade ... Yes ... even Benchmade ...... I have purchased a knife from every one of these companies ...... Every single one of these companies has sold me a knife that was damaged ... off-center ... broken handle ... sheath didn't fit ... dull ... etc.

It takes the breath right out of your lungs when a company such as Benchmade or Ontario Knife Company sells you a knife that is indistinguishable from a ghetto gas station knife ...... What has happened to the knife industry??? ...... Nobody is even trying to build a quality product ...... YES ...... I am officially ANGRY!!! ...... I am tired of wasting money on substandard knives from worthless knife companies who Just ... Don't ... Care.
You're right, of course. No one cares about quality. No one. In fact, the stated policy of these companies is to put out a product designed to put them out of business. You've also listed a lot of companies. If every one of your knives from these manufacturers is below your standard, I will take them off your hands so you don't have to look at them any longer. Consider it a service to improve your life.

Now I need to go throw up from the dizziness caused by your overuse of ellipses.

Sheesh.

Zieg

Why do that when, instead, you could come on this forum and cry and whine like a baby?

If I can't fix this through adjusting the tightness of the pivot or disassembling and reassembling then it goes back.

I agree with this. That would show something is actually wrong.

I don't expect Sal to pay someone to spend half a shift to perfectly dial in a production folder though.

I’d like the OP to tell us what is wrong with the plastic sheaths supplied with Mora knives. Go on, OP, talk us through it. See, millions of people around the world use Mora knives with those same plastic sheaths, and they work absolutely perfectly - I call BS.

Onto Benchmade. I own many Benchmade folding knives. One of them is off centre, and it affects the usage not one little jot. The others are perfectly centred. I call BS.

Onto Buck. I have two 110’s, both great knives, and a 119 in a leather sheath, again a great knife. Plus some cheaper Buck, I can’t even remember the model, also a great knife. I call BS.

I own an OKC Rat-1: perfectly centred, budget folding knife.

OP, I think you need to sober up, or find somewhere else to troll. Either that or stick with Mantis.

I see the same type of guy as the OP buying guns no matter what they are never happy. There is always a problem or they find one some guys ain't happy unless their bitching about something.

My advice, grow the hell up you sound like a spoiled rotten kid throwing a tantrum over nothing.

Really? Not a single company cares about quality? Not one? I have a hard time believing that. Especially with some of the more uptight fellas on this particular forum. How many knives have you bought that were so junky and useless, and what brand and distributor did you go through? I get the feeling that this is a “I’ve bought two folders and two fixed blades and none of them were ever perfect” or you just got hit with the lemons of the bunch every single time.

Either way, sucks to be you.

@AdamFuzzyballs ...... When I get ripped off once ...... I just get over it ...... When I get ripped off over and over again ...... I get angry ...... I am tired of driving back to the store and returning things ...... I am tired of waiting for things to come in the mail ... Arriving broken ...... And then having to send them back ...... I want to purchase a knife that a craftsman cared about and put some work into ...... I have a right to be angry when nobody cares about quality.
take a nap

There many options that typically deliever perfect products. Spyderco for one is a great choice but m8ght double your out lay of cash.

If you want bank vault, CRK Sebenza is immaculate.

20951-1370531476-88c7ce21c4539100b150f752c3ad9f0c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back