• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Horsewright Handcrafted Leather Duffel and Travel Bag SOLD

Horsewright

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
We have available, a set, consisting of one of Leather Duffel Bags and a leather Travel Bag (shaving kit/dopp bag). Each of these bags was handmade by my wife from premium leathers and brass YKK zippers. Hardware on the duffel bag is brass in an antique finish.

NbQQu8J.jpg

The bags are a two toned color and the handles and straps on the duffel bag are a dark brown water buffalo belt/strap leather. There are water buffalo reinforcements on the bottom (not pictured) to add an additional layer of protection. There is also a small exterior pocket on the front of the duffel bag.

FAtyaXZ.jpg

The duffel bag is sized perfectly for an overnight or weekend trip and meets the requirements as an airline carry on, fitting easy in an overhead or under the seat. The Travel Bag works perfect for keeping all those small items and toiletries in one place and easily fits inside the duffel for travel. Each bag is branded Horsewright on the top.

rXeGhAZ.jpg

The duffel bag has an adjustable shoulder strap that can be attached to the d rings on the end of the bag in several variations for increased comfort while carrying. There is a shoulder pad on the strap for additional comfort.

I1Xhk7T.jpg

This set is available for $550 which is a $65 discount off of the individual prices. Perfect for setting under the tree or for yourself heading off to see family or friends for the Holidays. Handmade and handcrafted here in Tehachapi, California in our shop.

tWPPboA.jpg

Last edited:
Great work as always!!👍
Thank you sir! Yes she really has these bags down. She is doing excellent work.

If I was younger, this is the type of luggage that grows and matures with its owner. 🤫. Unfortunately it’s Samsonite for me🙁
Yes it does. Certainly patinas well with age.

Wow. Beautiful. Any pics of the inside?
Thank you. No I can get some if you like but the bags are unlined without any interior pockets. Trying to keep them simple as possible.

Lifetime quality that just gets more character every year. Worthy of a Cowboy King. Great work

Beautiful work.
Apologies for another picture request, but do you happen to have one of this or a similar duffel being held?
Trying to get a better idea for size (1-2 nights and fits in the overhead is very helpful to know. Thank you for including that).

Lifetime quality that just gets more character every year. Worthy of a Cowboy King. Great work
Thank you sir! I will pass on the kind words to Nichole.

Beautiful work.
Apologies for another picture request, but do you happen to have one of this or a similar duffel being held?
Trying to get a better idea for size (1-2 nights and fits in the overhead is very helpful to know. Thank you for including that).
Not a problem at all! I did find these pics of our original prototype (which I personally use, from a bout a year and half ago.) While some small finishing and construction details have changed over that time period, the size has not. Just for info I'm 6'3" and 215lbs.

fvd6eWB.jpg

vi5MKRq.jpg

The only interior shots, Three pairs of my jeans and two wool sweaters:

YOR7PRu.jpg

2SAdhnB.jpg

Hope this helps!

Just for info these pics show our cattle brand tooled on a leather cowtag shape that is sewn on the front pocket. This has to be done prior to construction. On a brick wall for further sizing:

Dezb0RB.jpg

Last edited:
I do have some more shots coming of these actual bags.

Here's a few pics of the actual bags for sale. Here the wife holding the duffel bag:

8RTLk9O.jpg

SW51Vqc.jpg

The interior of the duffel bag:

4xJJh84.jpg

The interior of the travel bag:

JcIoAKV.jpg

She does line her other bags like this Tote:

ucJbKzW.jpg

sfRkC6o.jpg

But the duffel and travel bags she does not.

And the bottom of the duffel bag showing the heavy water buffalo reinforcements or feet.

z8DmrYF.jpg

Back