"Hossomized!"

Jerry was kind enough to allow me to hang around his shop for a few hours today! I got to fondle all his newest knives at various stages of completion . . . they are ALL schweeeeeeet! I just cannot say enough how incredibly his knives "feel". They all feel SO much lighter and quicker than they look . . . the "massive retribution" model that he has in another thread is UNREAL!:eek:
While I was there, he had offered to "hossomize" a machete for me since I am moving to Central America. He actually wound up doing an Ontario 18" AND my BK&T Patrol Machete! (Yes, I AM that LUCKY!) He reprofiled each on the grinder down to a fully polished "bullet" shaped edge. They will both now shave, dig slices out of a fingernail, cut free hanging newsprint, and accidentally cut Jerry's finger!:eek: :eek: (Sorry about the skin loss Jerry!)
Jerry was incredibly kind and just a great guy!
Thanks Jerry!

Here is a pic of my HOSSOMIZED blades!!!!!

Attachments

• hossom.jpg
    hossom.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 366
Sounds like you had a great time. It is nice to once again read a post from someone saying how incredibly nice a maker has been. I have never met one I did not like. They have always invited me in and been exceptionally friendly. From what I have read by and about Jerry, I would have expected no less of him.

It sure was nice of him to profile and sharpen up those blades for you. You should have no trouble cutting through some of that jungle down there now.

Hey, it hardly even bled! Nice having you here Jason. I hope those edges serve you well in the jungle down there. Just stay out of the sawgrass... :)

Wow.., what are the dimensions and specs on those Jerry? Those are some serious "Bushwhackers"!!!

medieval.gif

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Pete,
The one on the left is a BK&T Patrol Machete and the one on the right is an 18" Ontario. Jerry was just kind enough to put his touch on the edge grinds . . . they now perform exponentially better!:eek:

Here's one built from the ground up in 154CM with the same edge. 18-1/2" blade and Green Canvas Micarta handle.

That is awesome Jerry!
Is that coming with ya to Vegas?? I do not remember seeing that one at your shop!

Back