1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Hot spot on District 9 Plus

Discussion in 'Reate Knives' started by vanadium, Oct 19, 2016.

1. vanadium

vanadium

Apr 5, 2003
    Hey guys, I just picked up a District 9 Plus and I'm blown away by the fit and finish. However one thing became clear pretty quickly, which is a hot spot where the 90° edge meets the jimping on the lock bar. it lands right in the crease of my index finger and hits the tendon, which is pretty painful and not a place that readily develops a callus. I'm trying to figure out whether to keep this knife. Everything else about it seems to be great. I could see filing a chamfer on the outside of the lock bar, but it would spoil the stonewash. What do you guys think?

2. vanadium

vanadium

Apr 5, 2003
    Well, I made the decision to send it back. So close, but no cigar.

3. ReaTe

ReaTe

Feb 15, 2014
    Hi,if you have any questions please feel free to contact [email protected] you for your support.

4. Ad58

Ad58

May 23, 2005
    I also own a D9 plus but I don't have any issues wish it. Do you mean that the jimping of the lockbar bites in your index finger?