How about a Buck mini auto?

In all the lobbying Buck has done over the last few years on California knife law (thanks!), you have probably noticed that California has had a two-inch limit on switchblade knives for the last 40 years. Actually a limit of two inches minus a smidgen, in the latest revision.

There are now two small California companies, GT and Pro-Tech, making autos with 1-7/8" blades that are legal for sale to and carrying by anybody in California and "qualified buyers" in other states.

Buck is the major California knife manufacturer. Any thoughts of a little Buck snapper? A gentleperson's switchblade? Perhaps licensing and shrinking some Benchmade technology rather than starting fresh?

I don't think there is anything like that in the works... I know Todd from GT and his little knives are snappy!! The larger ones feel like your wrist is gonna break. One of our engineers had the little one open up in his pocket, needless to say, it was a little too close for comfort
wink.gif

Jeff

------------------
Jeff "Without data it's just another opinion" Hubbard

Opened in his pocket? . . . Now that should be seen as an engineering challenge! How to make, in California of course, an auto small enough to be an executive keychain anchor, that would not open accidentally. There's the Benchmade style safety, of course, though that wouldn't work on GT's mechanism. Could one be designed so that one could not push the button unless one as also squeezing the blade inward a little bit? Squeeze the blade, press the button, let the blade slip (spine first, of course!) past your fingers? That's how I normally open an auto anyway - better control.

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com

Back