how about nutnfancy 's review on pocket bushman ?

hi , you all and CS
i have been wathching the review on pocket bushman done by Nutnfancy few times , he said the knife was designed for hard use but the result let him down.
what do you guys think that review ?

I think his last video on it was gross misuse/abuse. Mine is a very sturdy knife. I disassembled it to see how it worked and I was astonished at how simple and strong the locking mechanism is. Definately a heavy-duty knife. I plan to do a review on mine sometime soon, just because I like it enough to want to talk about it.

That model had a design flaw that is now fixed.

Just out of curiosity what was the flaw?

*Edit: I've seen the video so I know how it broke apart, what I mean is was this a result of a bad heat treat or...? I just want to know how we know it was flawed and again how we know it was fixed. The use was admittedly abusive but at the same time some of the new tri-ad locks seem to be able to hold up to that type of abuse.

Also as a general response I don't really fault the pocket bushman for breaking from that and I wouldn't ever try it personally, I just take this like the "knife destruction test" videos where you see what it takes to break the knife. If that's the limit of a $30 knife fair enough I don't really see a point in getting upset about a knife having a breaking point. Right tool for the right job and all that jazz...

Just out of curiosity what was the flaw?

*Edit: I've seen the video so I know how it broke apart, what I mean is was this a result of a bad heat treat or...? I just want to know how we know it was flawed and again how we know it was fixed. The use was admittedly abusive but at the same time some of the new tri-ad locks seem to be able to hold up to that type of abuse.

Also as a general response I don't really fault the pocket bushman for breaking from that and I wouldn't ever try it personally, I just take this like the "knife destruction test" videos where you see what it takes to break the knife. If that's the limit of a $30 knife fair enough I don't really see a point in getting upset about a knife having a breaking point. Right tool for the right job and all that jazz...

I think he's talking about the notch in the spring channel that allowed the spring to be crushed to the side. Nutn' yanked on the lock bar while opening for no apparent reason and it broke the lock spring. Its not a knife designed for evryone, and clearly he just isn't one of them. Use it properly and safely, and that would never have happened.

Note- I don't hate Nutnfancy, his reviews can be very detailed and informative; however, in this case he seemed to have something against the Pocket Bushman from the start. He wanted it to fail, and it did, after quite a fight.

Last edited:
Nut infancy is an idiot.

In the video, you can see the flex, and twist, and side load he is putting on the knife.

He basically broke it on purpose. He is hammering it in at an angle and twisting and flexing (despite what he says on the video, and his yes man son saying).

I feel like his reviews are the equivalent of handing the knife to a neanderthal in cammo, with a narcissistic complex, and diarrhea of the mouth!

Last edited:
Back