1. Our COVID-19 response can be found here

How can I carry this knife?

Discussion in 'Sheaths & Such' started by ZIVANOVIC, Jan 24, 2020.

1. ZIVANOVIC

ZIVANOVIC

Aug 27, 2019
    Hello!

I have a Böker Arbolito Buffalo Soul II knife. The sheath is beautiful, but I can't carry it on my belt, because it's not have a belt loop. Now the knife have 3 holes on it, but I think this knife is too heavy and big as a neck knife(?).

What do you think?

[​IMG]

2. Hengelo_77

Hengelo_77 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 2, 2006
    Stitch a belt loop behind the upper part oh she sheath

effenoam likes this.
  3. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    or make a couple of holes and rivet a loop in place.

4. CThompson

CThompson C.Thompson Knives Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 6, 2018
    IDK, if it were me, I would keep that sheath original and make another sheath designed to carry as I like. That is a really nice knife by the way...love those!

5. Dogdrawz

Dogdrawz Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2016
    ^^^ This. I think I have one sheath per fixed blade in each type of material. Leather, nylon, kydex, some sort of ABS plastic & a fiber reinforced nylon plastic. At the end of it all, they all work & choice is personal preference.

6. Zorobabel

Zorobabel

Nov 6, 2019
    Unless it was designed with the assumption that the user would attach a loop best fitting his needs, I don't see the purpose of a sheath like that.

7. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    A neck knife that utilizes a retention strap like that would be more annoying than most, IMO. You could pocket carry the sheath; but, again, the retention strap would be a hindrance.
    Best method for carry, imo, would be strong side hand, arm down, blade to the rear & elevated. You could carry out front; but that would likely worry passersby... especially if you go with a flat affect, with a bit of leg drag.