How come there is no sub manufacturer forum for Kershaw knives?

They had one here but it closed down years ago. You can discuss them here in “General”.

Yeah, they decided they didn’t want to maintain one here anymore.

Because they don't recognize the importance of being a Blade Forums business member obviously.

Because they don't recognize the importance of being a Blade Forums business member obviously.
It looks like it was more that they didn’t have the right person(s) moderating their forum. I wasn’t around then, so just speculation on my part. I’m sure we’ll hear some other stories soon.

How come there is no sub manufacturer forum for Kershaw knives?
Where does one go to discuss Kershaw knives?

1) Any knife factory-type manufacturer can have their own forum on BladeForums for free. They merely need to ask Spark and provide a moderator. So you would need to ask Kai/Kershaw the question.
2) "General Forum" is for general questions about knives. You will find many threads about Kershaw knives in the General Forum.

Why do they need to provide their own moderator affiliated with the Kai/Kershaw. Why can't we just let a member who wants to mod a sub forum have control so that way we can have a dedicated sub forum to talk about a brand of knives.

So basically if a company doesn't represent themselves here and maintains their own sub forum then we have no dedicated place to discuss the particular brand.

Why do they need to provide their own moderator affiliated with the Kai/Kershaw. Why can't we just let a member who wants to mod a sub forum have control so that way we can have a dedicated sub forum to talk about a brand of knives.

So basically if a company doesn't represent themselves here and maintains their own sub forum then we have no dedicated place to discuss the particular brand.

Correct.

The manufacturer forums are designed to be an official forum with company representation where you can discuss with others interested in the brand as well as the reps from the brand themselves. They are free to the manufacturers if they want to be here.
I think Spark prefers not to have a fan run forum be misconstrued as an official representation of that brand and evade any headaches or problems (possibly legal ones?) that may arise.

Incorrect.

You have a place to discuss any brand you want.

What you don't have is a place provided by, and moderated by bladeforums to discuss only this specific brand. The folks that mod here do it out of their passion for knives and the community. If a company wants a free spot here to pimp their stuff, it is reasonable that they staff it on their own.

Or is this a question of kids wanting more free stuff?

If YOU were a knife manufacturer, would you want some random assclown representing your business here? Interacting with customers - not just talking up new models; but serving as a customer service representative? What if that person turned out not to have the temperament for it? What if that person royally pi$$ed off the membership, or made incorrect statements based on what he thought/wanted?

If YOU were a knife manufacturer, would you want some random assclown representing your business here? Interacting with customers - not just talking up new models; but serving as a customer service representative? What if that person turned out not to have the temperament for it? What if that person royally pi$$ed off the membership, or made incorrect statements based on what he thought/wanted?
I will take the last KAI moderator for $500 Alex.

if you're more of a Richard Dawson fan I've been working on a "Name the blank/show me blank" but all the bugs aren't out yet.

This is like the light bulb/psychiatrist joke. First the manufacturer has to want to change.

There are manufactures on this site with non-staff who act as the mod for their section. There's no rule against that but no one is going to let some random person show up on here and be their public face. That goes double if the eager beaver's past posts are nonsensical, ridiculous or otherwise "do not want".

Back