Test ad

How common are Sar 4's?

MEJ

How common are Sarge 4's on this forum? I might want to get one but would prefer to wait a while. Will i be able to find one later? (i have never bought a busse so i have no idea)
Also do you people believe that the Sar 4 would make a good bushcrafting knife?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sar4's are thick, overkill if you see feather sticks and wooden spoons in your future. For bushcrafting you'd be better served by something with thinner stock. Not that a Sar4 can't do it, but there are other knives, like the CABSLE for instance, that can do it better.

Oh, and they are common, the company store sold a lot of them over the span of about a year give or take.

Last edited:

MEJ

Sar4's are thick, overkill if you see feather sticks and wooden spoons in your future. For bushcrafting you'd be better served by something with thinner stock. Not that a Sar4 can't do it, but there are other knives, like the CABSLE for instance, that can do it better.

I would double it up with an esee izula... i just have always liked the look. How thick is the stock?

Last edited:

cut it out

Gold Member
The AMS would probably be better for bushcraft duty. Only cuz of the .155 thick stock. A lot cheaper also

MEJ

I was actually hoping to get something bigger in the +4 range.

MEJ

Nvm ill wait on the busse and get an RMD insead. Thanks guys!

RMD is a fine choice! You won't be disappointed and you can buy several for the price of the SAR4.

u812

Gold Member
I love the SAR 4. IMO one of the best do it all designs Busse has. I have had 3 of them and let them get away from me. I will get another as soon as I can.

Oh, and they are common, the company store sold a lot of them over the span of about a year give or take.

cool and clear explanation.
:thumbup:

The responses in this thread are surprising and not very HOG-like. Everyone knows the correct answer is that yes he should get a SAR4, but he should also get something thinner and shorter to piggyback with the SAR4.

But yes, a RMD is an excellent choice! I bought the current generation RMD when they were first released and have used it quite extensively. It is one of my favorite knives, period! And you could get a Scrapivore to piggyback with it! ;)