How do I keep up w/ exclusive knives?

Hey guys!

It has come to my attention that in the knife world there are a lot of limited edition knives that pop up every once and a while. How do I keep up with them? I would rather buy them for retail than buy used for retail or more...

(I will close or delete this once answered)

I would just keep my ear to the ground and target the specific ones that catch your eye as far as a user goes...
Target a couple models, two or three alloys that you like, two or three handle materials and stick mostly to them with some variances every now and then for spice.

Buying everything that is slightly different will end you up with an empty wallet, full closet, and an angry significant other...

I would just keep my ear to the ground and target the specific ones that catch your eye as far as a user goes...
Target a couple models, two or three alloys that you like, two or three handle materials and stick mostly to them with some variances every now and then for spice.

Buying everything that is slightly different will end you up with an empty wallet, full closet, and an angry significant other...
Good advice :thumbsup:

Can you be specific on which brands you are looking for limited editions of?

Can you be specific on which brands you are looking for limited editions of?
I was kinda just thinking in general... Like how BladeHQ, Knifecenter etc etc etc have limited runs. But more Specifically Spyderco sprint runs and cool variations.

Shoot the manufacturer an email. I know Spyderco produces a list of what they will he releasing that year (sprints, shorts, exclusives, you name it). I am sure most companies would either do that, or hold it secret.

Either way, shooting an email and asking politely is probably the fastest way to find out what is on the horizon.

Something else that hasn't been specifically suggested yet would be to frequent the manufacturers' forums here. Sometimes information on limited edition/sprint run models as well as new regular models pops up there from company reps (the mods of said manufacturer forum) or even from other members.

This forum, facebook groups dedicated to the knives you like, email notifications from suppliers of the knives you like, manufacturer production schedules... Be in the know with other collectors that like the kind of knives you want. They often have email addresses to people at companies that will put you on reserve lists that no else knows about. Once the word is out, someone will usually post it up here to create discussion. You need to figure out how to snag it before you get reamed on the aftermarket.

Shoot the manufacturer an email. I know Spyderco produces a list of what they will he releasing that year (sprints, shorts, exclusives, you name it). I am sure most companies would either do that, or hold it secret.

Either way, shooting an email and asking politely is probably the fastest way to find out what is on the horizon.
Good idea! Thanks

Back