How do they compare - Work Tuff Gear Knives vs Tops Knives

I have a number of Tops Knives including an El Chete and Tracker and I have no Work Tuff Gear knives. I was wondering how the large Work Tuff Gear Knives compare. For whatever reason I don't see many comparisons around between these two companies, unless I missed them. I would think SK-85 would be a similar carbon steel to the 1095 that TOPS uses, obviously the heat treatment is key and all my Tops Knives seem to have stellar heat treatments. What are some of your thoughts on how the large knives from Work Tuff Gear and Tops Knives compare?

Personally I think WTG is a bit over rated I had one years ago and it was just ok. They are getting pricey now for whatever reason. Tops is better but they need to step up to 3v

Yes, I'd love to start seeing some of the Tops models in 3V! I'd definitely buy unless they went overboard with the pricing.

Personally I think WTG is a bit over rated I had one years ago and it was just ok. They are getting pricey now for whatever reason. Tops is better but they need to step up to 3v
Tops has am excellent HT of 1095, I think they're fine where they stand. Theyre one of the "tops" 5 most successful knife companies despite being amidst a sea of super steel using manufacturers

Yes, I'd love to start seeing some of the Tops models in 3V! I'd definitely buy unless they went overboard with the pricing.
I asked them about doing a run of Prather bowies in 3v, the buy in was a new house so that was a no. Love to see it though would buy one.

That is my favorite model. Ide buy two if they were 3V and a nicer kydex sheath!

Back