How do you carry your Leatherman Juice?

I carried the Juice S4 in my front pocket Sunday when I bought it. It is small and light enough that I did not mind it there. It was not as handy as having it in a sheath on my belt.

I now have a Juice Pro coming and I'm going to make that my EDC when I'm not working. I'm so use to having a leatherman on my side it feels odd having the juice in my pocket and nothing on my belt.

I ordered the Leatherman Juice sheath to carry the pro in. I would guess the pro is a little thinker (maybe not?) and a little heavier then the S4 so I may not want it in my pocket anyway. I also think it will just be handier to have on my side in a sheath then at the bottom of my pocket.

How do you carry your Juice?

When I carry a Juice CS4, it is usually in a generic ballistic nylon belt sheath I bought a dozen or so years ago. It's too heavy to carry comfortably in my pants pocket.

I had one of the Leatherman sheaths for my Juice Pro, but didn't like it because it could be easily bumped off my belt. I picked up a really nice sheath from TAD Gear that fits it perfectly.

I have several Juice models, from the S4 to the Pro. The smaller ones fit nicely in the change pocket / watch pocket in my jeans, or sometimes just loose in my pocket, like a slipjoint.

The bigger ones are more of a challenge.

LM's own sheaths are a mixed bag. The polycarbonate sheath is very clever: it has rails that match the "spine" of all Juice models, the inner frame that holds the plier jaws and inside drivers. However, the material is a bit brittle — I've busted the clips off two of them so far. Still, the clip has a pronounced hook that stays put on your belt, unlike the leather / elastic sheath, which while it fits most models very well and looks very classy, the clip is nearly useless, slipping off the belt all too easily (as pointed out above by Stormdrane).

So what do I use? A Victorinox leather sheath designed for the Swiss Champ, Cybertool or other "widebody" SAKs. Sorry I can't point you to the exact model right now...

parnass said:
When I carry a Juice CS4, it is usually in a generic ballistic nylon belt sheath I bought a dozen or so years ago. It's too heavy to carry comfortably in my pants pocket.

Mine gets carried in right front pocket supported by a shoestring lanyard attached to my belt. It lies along the rear pocket seam and doesn't touch the bottom. I attach it with a small clip hooked to a split ring on the lanyard attachment so it comes off and on easily. Just about the only time I am aware it's there is when I shove my hand into the pocket.

Most of the time I wear jeans. For formal wear I use a black shoestring :D

I carry my Juice Pro in the leather sheath that it came with. It resides on my belt by my phone case. I haven't had a problem with it coming off.

I carry my Juice CS4 in my jeans right front pocket attached to a belt loop with a clip on the juices lanyard hole and another clip on the belt loop. That system also holds my victorinox midnite manager and my car keys with their own clips.

I have the KF4 and it rides in my back pocket next to my wallet. When I wear slacks (most office days) it goes into a cut down minimag nylon sheath. This is the flat belt sheath that comes with most minimags. I put two cotton balls in the bottom to add some padding and make it seem slimmer in the pocket, if that makes sense. I don't really notice it there at all.

Ready

I carry my juice s2 in my 5th jeans (watch?) pocket so its on my right hand side. It works for me!

Back