How do you check in a blade?

I'll be picking up some stuff at the Blade show, my first one.

So can anyone share the best way to get home with the goodies without a lot of hassle from the airline people?

Chiseen
First off, I hope we will be able to meet at Blade show. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Secondly, as long as the knives are packed in your checked luggage and not carried on, I don't think you will even be asked. I'm fairly certain it is only yourself and the carry on's that must be free of knives. Checked luggage I beleive they are ok.

I think Eric hit it right on the head.
Checked baggage, don't even mention them.;)

Thanks for the advice! I thought maybe I should declare it or something, but maybe that would attract too much attention? :)

I would like to bring my Busse's on board just to know it'll make it safely, but of course that is a major no-no.

Will all of you stick around there for a while? I might not be able to get there until 3pm or later on Friday. Maybe half the Busses will be gone by then! :(

Oh, call me Jack when you see me! ;)

Unless you have a few years of your life to toss, I'd think twice about carry-on with any Sharp Pointy Things.

When I travel (couple times a month) I just pack my SPTs in my checked luggage. No problems yet.

Like you, I have concerns about delivery, but they can just buy me that Shark I had in my bag....;)

Mike

Aloha,
I travel a moderate amount. Since 9/11 I have taken several cross country and then international flights. Perhaps it has been just my luck but I have found that traveling with a folder in checked bags has not been a problem. I did however take a transcontinental/international trip in December. I had my ever present Mean Street in my checked luggage. Every time my luggage went through the security scanners, and the fixed blade shadow of my Mean Street showed up on that x ray screen, I was pulled aside and baggage searched......every freakin time. The most arduous task was trying to leave JFK to go overseas, I was searched entering security (knife in profile on x ray), then at the ticket counter prior to them checking my bags, and then at the gate with just my carry on...3 times before getting on a flight. The search at the security checkpoints entering the terminal occured at every airport entered.
I suppose that the point that I would like to make is that a fixed blade knife certainly draws more attention than a folder. (Jerry are you listening......)
All the world does not have the new found levels of security that we do. I took a trip from Thailand to Cambodia last month, with only a carry on bag......with an Emerson folder in the bag....no problem...

wabi

Back