How do you EDC your Izula/ESEE-3/HEST

I just lost my Izula (fell out of my pocket), have an ESEE-3 on the way, and plans to buy a HEST (and replace the Izula). How do you carry them for an EDC without your shirt printing to bad? Are the standard issue sheaths good enough, or do most of you get after market parts?

Thanks!

Also, pics or it didn't happen. :D

I carry a neck knife, and generally I'm wearing somewhat dressier pants that have a separate pocket for my cell phone, I'll stick it either in that pocket, so it keeps it in a vertical position and very accessible. Or I'll just put it in my back pocket, which defeats the purpose of not printing, since the handle generally hangs out the top of the pocket, but it's more comfortable in some cases. I've found that if I have it in my back pocket placed next to my wallet and with the pocket button buttoned, I can generally draw the knife and have the button/pocket catch the kydex so it automatically unsheathes. I don't know if this would work with the Izula/H.E.S.T but it should in theory.

I do sometimes lash the kydex sheath I have to my belt with paracord on my weak side for cross draw as well.

I carry around a necker about the same size as the H.E.S.T.

HTH

I EDC an Izula and usually wear it around my neck. Some times in my pocket. I took a standard Izula sheath and cut it down (like in the bluntruth youtube video) and I was pleasantly surprised how comfortable and convenient neck carry can be. Probably not for everyone though.

I ziptied a velcro strap onto my Izula. I put the velcro around my belt and through the first belt loop on my left hand side. Gives me a few degrees above horizontal, makes cross draw a breeze, and keeps my pockets clear for everything else. I've spent the last 2 weekends camped out to conduct a whip-poor-will survey and am very pleased with this knife. As soon as I untuck my shirt the Izula vanishes, and isn't noticed even when seated in a car. May not be the most high tech, but it's rock solid and works efficiently.

CtD3Dl.jpg

J6bQll.jpg

I keep a neck cord wrapped to my Izzy sheath for neck carry but usually have it in my carpenter pants pocket, the HEST I wear in between my belt and pants with untucked shirt no problems. I also have it paracord wrapped to thin it out and help with "printing", the HEST also fits in my carpenter style jeans unnoticed. I always have one or the other and a alox cadet for the sheeple!!!!!;)

I HAVE been carrying my Izula with a molle lock on a nylon belt, however, there should be something new I'm going to try in the mail as we speak....

pocket carry my izula, or a -3 in stock sheath with a rc-3 boot clip attached. the rc-3 sheath has a loop of paracord with a cord lock that i thread through a belt loop for secondary retention. sharpshooter izula sheath is a nice bit of leather that works for neck or belt carry.

i usually carry my H.E.S.T. as a necker. but lately it's been so hot and sweaty it prints under my shirt.are there any lighter aftermarket sheaths? :)

Pocket-carry my izzy - I've been thinking of a way to dummy-cord the sheath to my belt that isn't a PITA to put on/take off every day. I have a couple kydex belt loops, I may experiment with that...

My HEST is a belt or bag (Maxpedition versipack jumbo) carry

My ESEE5 is a scout carry, but I don't EDC it.

Pocket-carry my izzy - I've been thinking of a way to dummy-cord the sheath to my belt that isn't a PITA to put on/take off every day. I have a couple kydex belt loops, I may experiment with that...

My HEST is a belt or bag (Maxpedition versipack jumbo) carry

My ESEE5 is a scout carry, but I don't EDC it.

Check out the knivesshipfree.com pocket sheaths. I used one when I wanted to edc my izula and sebenza in dress pants. Worked fairly well for me.

RAT1 in the front pocket and H.E.S.T in the Maxpedition Versipack (Jumbo). Having the H.E.S.T in the bag is a real nice way to carry it.

HEST and RC-3 I carry on my belt using MALICE clips/straps. Both disappear completely under an untucked shirt (as well as the ESEE-4 carried the same way). Still figuring out the Izula, because dual MALICE clips don't work with it. Haven't tried just a single MALICE, though.... Hmmmmm.... Might have to try that... I really like the MALICE clips for carrying ESEE knives.

I started with a ball-chain (think dog-tags) on the Izula for neck carry, which worked quite well. But occasionally you could hear the sheath move over the chain links. But other than that, it worked quite well, and wasn't obvious... I don't think. Lately I've switched to coyote brown paracord, which I'm not sure I like. Seems to stick to the sheath more, which then moves the knot around and shift it from behind my neck. Which I don't like. I'm thinking of trying a shoulder carry, to place it along my side for a cross-draw carry.

Here's a dummy-cord setup I just came up with (been thinking about it a bit this morning)

Kydex belt loop:
P7070001.JPG

Gutted paracord through the eyelets:
P7070002.JPG

Paracord through the sheath and fastened with a cord lock:
P7070003.JPG

I'll live with it a bit to see if it works for me - so far, the most comfortable (for me) Izula carry has been just toss it into my front pocket.

I, personally, hate anything around my neck - tried a Mora around my neck and just couldn't stand it.

i carry my izula on my belt vertically at 3 o'clock. it works well and stays legal for where i live.

with my ESEE3 i carry it IWB with a martin swinkels leather/kydex sheath.

My izula rides in my edc bag or on occasion in my right front pocket. Haven't tried it on my belt yet.

I neck carry the IZULA as well as pocket.

RC-3 sits real tight against your side. Nobody would ever know it is there.

HEST needs a teklock and then is good to go, but, does not site as close to your as the RC-3.

Back