How do you explain Busse Knives to others?

SALTY

Gold Member
Unless you are skinning Buicks or chopping lava, you may not fully appreciate what Busse and INFI have to offer.

Seriously, when trying to describe your appreciation and affection for Busse Knives to others, knife people, non-knife people and even Sheeple, what do you say? Whether or not they get it is really not the point of my question, I want to know what you say to them.

Good question Nimrod. Wall Street analysts claim that the best business plans are those that can be explained in an elevator ride. In other words, short and sweet, and I agree.

What I say is that Busse makes the most extreme performance knife in the industry, and while you may not need something that can "chop lava" or "skin a Buick", don't you want the best ?

Also, by buying the best you get the best warranty in the business - its unconditional and lasts a lifetime.

Somewhere in there I also mention that Busse ('Bus-Say' to you Nimrod) has at one time or another used all the conventional steels, and now makes their own - INFI. It has been evaluated the best steel in the world for hard use knifes as well as edge holding and rates high in corrosion resistance.

whaddya think?

It only takes one word.

Hand them a piece of wood to chop & the Busse and just say, "Here!!" One chopping session is worth a thousand words.

If they don't get the feeling and that look in their eyes and the irrepressible sh*t-eatin' grin on their face while demolishing the wood with the Busse, they're probably not gonna be capable of giving a Busse the tough love it thrives on anyway. And who wants to send a blade to a home where it'll just be unhappy with neglect. ;)

Yours in nuclear succinctness,
Greg

p.s. As far as explaining Busse (or any other quality knife) prices, my long-standing answer when someone comments that a knife is too expensive (especially when comparing it to a $5 POS) is, "What's your life worth to you??"

I say:

It's made of the best steel in the world for hard-use knives (heck, for almost any knife, but I won't go into that).

Its design is well thought out and delivers high performance.

It's backed up by the best warranty in the business.

LOL, I'll never forget when I showed my Mom my Steel Heart II,
now realize she is 73 years old. All she said was AWESOME!!!:)

Last summer when I was building my deck (the one I use to drink CBL on..) my brother-in-law and his wife came over.

I was trimming some of the posts with my SH-SH-II. When I slid that pup out its sheath, my sister-in-law jumped about three feet and said a few colourful explicatives. That was priceless...

Liek RokJok, my question goes along the line of how much their life is worth to them. A lot of people want to rant and praise knives that are never going to be able to stand up to a true "situation", and most of that comes from simply a degree of ignorance related to Nuclear Toughness.

I try to explain how I looked for the knife that would fit the "If you could only have one knife" scenario.

Mike

Rokjok hit it right on the head!

Here:D

That's about as simple as it gets!

After the initial chopping session I thoroughly explain the finer points of INFI and give them a detailed explanation of the gaurantee:)

Over the years, I've changed my approach. Now I try to judge who I'm dealing with: sheeple, critic, idiot, seriously interested, knife person, policeman....? To the folks with an open and interested mind, I explain about Infi, assymetrical edge, my requirements on my "expeditions", knife knutitis etc., briefly enough so as not to bore them to tears; to those who really want to know why in the world I need such a big knife when only criminals, wackos or overcompensators are supposed to, my response depends on how patient or mischievious I feel at the time. The last one I think i just gave my best crazy look and said "I had no choice: The Voice told me I had to buy it. The Voice wants to know why you want to know." - but don't try this at home - I'm a professional :)

PS
I don't tell them that The Voice is Jerry :D

Well, from now on, I think I'm just going to print this page off and give it to them to read. ;)

Great Idea's we've got here :D:D

Eric, You think like I think.

Seriously, it does depend on who you are dealing with. Someone without a clue would think that assymetric grind is something European go-go dancers do.:p

Back