How do you feel when you get a new knife?

Like I need to start looking for the next. That is why I stopped collecting. In the end no knife ever satisfied. That is why of the hundreds I have owned only 5 remain, and of those not a single one doesn’t bug me in some way. Time for a new hobby me thinks; one that does not involve collecting nor the acquisition of things as the central activity.

Anyone else read that as "How do you feel when you get a new wife?" o_O

Honestly, after 30+ years of carrying a knife, I might get a little excited but that is about it. The kid on Christmas morning feeling doesn't apply to me anymore.

A little regretful at first knowing I burned money for a niche that’s already covered (by previous knives), but all that usually washes away once I have it in hand.

The last knife you ever get is always the one before the next purchase. ;)

I go through stages:
1. This is the greatest knife ever! I'm always going to carry it.
2. I'm going to carry it but I'm not going to use it (it's too nice!), so I need to carry another one with it.
3. I guess I should put it away for a while but keep it in rotation.
4. Hey, I haven't carried that one in a while, I'll get it out and carry it.
5. Am I really going to use this thing?
6. Oh, heck, I bought it to use, so use it.
7. Time to get out a different knife to carry for a while.
8. Hey, look at that, I'm gonna buy it. It'll be the greatest knife ever...

247608-1997x1331-prom-night.jpg

hi-sugarplum-christmas-day-outfit-146-1200x1800.jpg

5d730f697e87c.image.jpg

9be68f12d65fa0a1370d3375af053be4.jpg

Somewhere along the line, a new distraction will show up.

e0ab0a2f038572da11e2d20106f83ffe.jpg

How do I feel when I get a new knife?
The same way I always feel: With my fingers. Mentally, I'm a bit happier when I get a new/new to me previously owned knife at a "fair" price. :)
(Note: "Fair Price" is the price where both seller and buyer are happy.)

Different type of orgasmic feeling... Just as intense and just as good ;-) :D:D:D

Hate to say this....
There are some knives where the excitement is there a moment, and then it goes away!!! Maybe the purple handled peanut will make the new knife feeling last longer!!! :rolleyes: I like traditional knives.

"This thread really needs more girls in cutoffs on tractors..."

Definitely! but where are their knives??
Rich

An average knife I enjoy a lot cuz I found some thing I wanted.. ie native 5 S35vn , buck 112 in S30v and the 112 in S35vn ..
now when I order and receive my new CR That is gonna rank right up with getting a new pair of shoes... I only buy that level once in a long while and I only wear Redwing boots.

Back