How do you guys carry your ESEE 6 on your belt?

Hey guys, I had a quick question concerning the 6's carry options.

How do you guys carry It on a belt?

I have tried a BUNCH of different mounting positions and I can't get It to work.

I like to carry my knives as low as possible, where my hand hangs as I walk (I don't want to reach up halfway to get to my knife) and the included Tek-locks are less than pleasing, you cannot mount them at the top of the sheath because It bends them, and they will not stay snapped shut on a leather belt. (Dropped my knife twice because of this) :(

My question Is, would I be better off getting the clip plate? It seems like It would hold on good enough. I am at a loss. :confused: It seems like the plate should have been Included with the system or at least recommended. I have had the knife for over a week and have not even carried It yet.:grumpy:

Can you guys post front/back sheath pictures of how yours are mounted with any system? Or do you guys recommend any specific system?

Where a knife rides is personal preference. The price of the 6 would go up 10 to 15 bucks possibly with the inclusion of the clip plate which a portion of the people would complain about because they have no intention of using it. Clip plate is one option or you could rig up some type of webbing belt loop for even less and get exactly what you want and how you want it to ride. Tek-Loks won't work with some thicker belts. Most leather gun belts for example, forget it.

I guess I am going to get the plate, which means I get to go another week without carrying It. I thought about throwing the sheath and knife In my pocket and carrying It like that.

If you need something right now, use some paracord and a cord lock.

weave the paracord through the top 2 holes on the sheath, front to back, then down to the next set of holes, back to front, and bring the two ends together and put a cord lock on it. I carried my 4 like that for a long time and never had an issue.

If you don't have a cord lock, just tie a knot.

and the included Tek-locks are less than pleasing, you cannot mount them at the top of the sheath because It bends them, and they will not stay snapped shut on a leather belt. (Dropped my knife twice because of this) :(

They've been pulling EDC duties on my leather belt just fine. :confused:

But then again that's on a 4 not a 6, so it might be different.

I made a belt loop out of some webbing & a couple of pop rivets & snaps:

001-45.jpg

002-42.jpg

This is how it's attached to an ESEE 3 sheath...same as on the 6:

003-45.jpg

The rivets only go through the webbing,not the sheath itself.
They ride lower & so far have been very secure.

Cliff

I use the molle back on my 4, and would probably do that on a 6 if i had one. That way the pommel is on the same height as the belt, works great for me.

P1000754%20%5B%5D.JPG

what are those rubber.. bands? there for?

They can:

Keep the screws from backing out.

Hold some flat wrapped duct tape.

Hold a small fero rod.

Hold a TOPS foling saw.

Hold a small pry bar.

And probably lots of other stuff that nobody's ever thought of yet:)

Cliff

weave the paracord through the top 2 holes on the sheath, front to back, then down to the next set of holes, back to front, and bring the two ends together and put a cord lock on it. I carried my 4 like that for a long time and never had an issue.

I tried that with the Included Paracord, I did not like the amount of movement I was getting then I removed It from the sheath. (It slid back and forth along my belt even with all the slack pulled out)

They've been pulling EDC duties on my leather belt just fine. :confused:

But then again that's on a 4 not a 6, so it might be different.

From what I have seen, the Tek-Lock mounts at the top of the 3-4 just fine, but bends out mounted up high on the 5 and 6. :(

I made a belt loop out of some webbing & a couple of pop rivets & snaps:

The rivets only go through the webbing,not the sheath itself.
They ride lower & so far have been very secure.

Cliff

You just gave me an Idea. :D *starts looking for Mini Maglite sheath*

I use the molle back on my 4, and would probably do that on a 6 if i had one. That way the pommel is on the same height as the belt, works great for me.

I'll look Into that as well.:)

Do you make them for the lower ride option? I would love to set mine up like yours with my Leatherman mounted on.

i didnt care for the molle locks or paracord either so i carry mine on the esee molle back and with the pouch.

006-9.jpg

006-7.jpg

much more versatile and comfy with the molle back.

cricket

Cricket, would you mind posting a couple more pictures of that setup? I think I am going to go with that as I can carry more stuff with me. :D

When you go to draw the knife, does the whole setup lift up as well?

Turk, I have a plate of the kydex sheath for my RC5. As I have the eagle sheath as well I do not need the plate so I could send it to you if you wanted it. Unused with all mounting hardware. I am off into the hills for a week as of Tuesday but let me know.

Turk if you go to the ESEE web site they have a bunch of photos of that sheath that Cricketdave showed you along with the pouch. From there you can order it also. Hope this helps.

I haven't carried my 6 much yet but I have the molle back and pouch on it. It was comfortable and carried well when I tried it out but I haven't had it on for extended periods yet.

Cliff Nieporte , that's a really cool improvised system ; one I've had in my mind very recently , as I just got a RC6S. I'm using the paracord/cordlock thing , but want the whole system to ride lower , as the 6 in sheath is a little handle heavy compared to the 4/3. Pop rivets entered my mind also. Just have to score some webbing and do it. Great job !!
The molle backs are way overpriced up here so I want to make my own rig too.
From what I have seen, the Tek-Lock mounts at the top of the 3-4 just fine, but bends out mounted up high on the 5 and 6.

I did this on my other 6. Just move the Tel lok to the thinner ( blade edge side) of the sheath , and it will stay more flat. Same thing on the 3 sheath.

Last edited:

Thats Exactly what works for me. Its secure rides tight to my side and doesnt bounce or move at all.... Plus it holds the knife a little higher to hide from prying eyes....:thumbup::D

Back