how do you remove grease from G-10 and Delrin spacer???

I accidently got some Militec grease on my BM 806D2 handle and spacer and it refuses to come out. I have tried hand soap and dishwasher fluid with warm water to no avail.

Anybody have advice on what to do? A search came up with nothing. HOw are you supposed to clean G-10??

air prussure may work. If you have an air commpressor use it, or try a compressed air can.

I don't really know, but try WD40. It's a real good cleaner.

You might want to try Isopropl alcohol. G10 is the same material as electronic pc boards. I use this alcohol to clean off the boards.

Peter Giorgetti

Curious2003:
Are you removing grease from G-10? WD-40 works OK, but then you have to remove the WD-40. Go to an electronic supply store and buy some spray contact cleaner or spray circuit board wash. Use the WD-40 to degrease and then use the contact cleaner. I use ‘LPS Electro Contact Cleaner'. It’s safe on all surfaces and leaves no residue. G-10 is very similar to circuit board material.

just give the whole handle a covering of wd-40, it will make it nice and shiny. IT will also make it smell like wd-40 for a while.
Kyle Fuglesten

If you have grease on your G-10 handle just wash it good with Dawn dish soap. Remember the commercials? - "Dawn... gets grease out of your way". Really, it removes oil, grease, fat, etc. pretty quick. If it is just grease, it will come off.

Now if your handle is discolored, don't know what to tell ya! I have never used Militec, so I don't know what it's like. The 3 things I use on my knives are Break Free, 3 in 1 oil, and Tuff Cloth. None of those products have ever stained my knives (including G-10). If you are having bad luck with Militec, you might want to switch to something else. By the way, those stains on your knife... they're called "character"! All using knives get 'em! When a knife (that I intend to use) gets stained or scratched, it just makes it more "mine".

Your BM 806 is a fine tool. If you intend to keep and use it, I wouldn't worry about a mark or stain here and there. Just look at them as character marks that come with use and enjoy the knife! It's what you shelled out your hard-earned money for. If you intend to trade it sometime down the road, baby it. If it's a keeper, use it and don't worry about a stain here or there.

Originally posted by Ookpik
Curious2003:
Are you removing grease from G-10? WD-40 works OK, but then you have to remove the WD-40. Go to an electronic supply store and buy some spray contact cleaner or spray circuit board wash. Use the WD-40 to degrease and then use the contact cleaner. I use ‘LPS Electro Contact Cleaner'. It’s safe on all surfaces and leaves no residue. G-10 is very similar to circuit board material.

Use Non chlorinated brake parts cleaner, available at your local auto parts store. It is basically the same stuff as the LPS circuit board cleaner, only much cheaper. The LPS stuff is chlorinated (last time I had a can) and that crap is very nasty.

I use the brake cleaner all the time for degreasing chores, and I occasionally use it on my EDC's, which are BM's and Emerson's, with G-10 handles.

You may get a slight white color on the G-10 after using the brake cleaner, but soap & water or a light rubbing with your fingers usually restores the natural color.

Back