Recommendation? How do you typically store/display your knives?

How do you typically store/display your knives?

Display cases? Vintage wooden Gerstner tool chest or a remake from Harbor Freight? A safe? A couple of sock drawers? Tool roll(s?)

Last edited:
Lol sadly I shove my over a decade old very dear to me collection iv spent tons of time learning about in a crappy old cardboard box.

I keep my favorite knives close so I can look at them anytime. Were I wealthy I would have a walk-in safe bigger than most peoples houses.

As I've copied from others here. A Vintage wooden Gerstner tool chest remake from Harbor Freight.
I don't regret it either !
Good to hear it's working out for you. I think I'm going to go that way as well, just as soon as they issue their next 30% off coupon...

I keep a few heirloom knives in my gun safe. Most of my nice knives are in a cedar chest on top my dresser in my bedroom. I keep most of the knives I’ve made in a leather roll in my hunting room. Then there are a couple dozen others scattered out around the house, garage, work, camp, truck, bronco, boat, and other places I’m sure I’ve forgotten about.

I do keep toying with the idea of a nice display shelf above my desk in my hunting room, just haven’t got around to it yet.

AcCtiRG.jpg

84ScvcK.jpg

1HDdInN.jpg

KIJnuVg.jpg

NQYgEV7.jpg

I keep 'em in jacket pockets and backpacks and the car nearly everywhere so no matter what I grab when I go out there's a freshly sharpened knife readily available. Plus whatever happens to be my EDC.

I use a wooden toolbox form Harbor Freight, some Boker knife rolls, and Pelican cases. Plus knives scattered around on various tables and in vehicles. In other words they're everywhere, but none displayed.

I keep 'em in jacket pockets and backpacks and the car nearly everywhere so no matter what I grab when I go out there's a freshly sharpened knife readily available. Plus whatever happens to be my EDC.

Glad I’m not the only one!

ive got a few EDC’s in a cigar box on my dresser, but all the other knives live where they are used/needed the most. Packs, vehicle consoles, tool bags, etc.

Fixed blades: cardboard box
Folders: cardboard box
My system works. I have no visitors so don't display anything.

Back