How does a tek-lok work?

I have a small neck knife that I would like to belt carry, and I was wondering about these tek-loks. I've never handled one, and I've only seen a few pictures. How does it attach to eyelets on a kydex sheath?

It attaches with Chicago screws.
Here's a scan of the backside of a TekLok (the mini TekLok is smaller, and would be much better for something the size of a necker).
attachment.php

Hi..

Owen is correct..
Go with the small one...

The large is only good for Big A$$ed knives, shovels and pick axe..

ttyle

Eric...

A neat thing about Tek-Lock is that you can align a horizontal-oriented knife on the belt line or above the belt line. You could also do a 45 degree angle if that's what suits you. And it's very secure attaching to packs and straps.

Are there any other types of clips that fit like a tek-lok? Maybe something more simpler like a bootclip, but with holes punched to same dimension as tek-lok, so it can be used with almost any kydex sheath out there. Anyone know?

Mak

Hey Sharp..

One of my G-clips might fit the bill..

It can be worn both inside and outside the pants and also a number of different positions...

ttyle

Eric...

If the sheath isn't specifically designed to work with a Tek-lok, it isn't unusual to find that the holes on the Tek-lok will either not line up with the rivets on your sheath, or that the rivet holes are too small to fit the screws through. However, it is almost always possible to drill a couple of holes on the sheath to allow you to set up the Tek-lok at the angle that you want.

miguel

Back