How does the Spyderco date code work again?

For example, Date code FQ
Is F the month and Q is the year?
So F = June (A being January) and Q = 2016 (A being the year 2000... or is A 2001)?

F is the month (June) and Q is th year (2017).

Month , A = January
Year , A = 2001

Regarding Spyderco Date Codes: I understand the two letter codes; however on the Spyderco Efficient Brown I just received must have a different code?? You have the usual bar code with the number 7 outside the bar code to the left and the number 4 outside the bar code to the right?? Has anything changed......the bar code is: 1610401237 with the additional numbers outside the code...?

Regarding Spyderco Date Codes: I understand the two letter codes; however on the Spyderco Efficient Brown I just received must have a different code?? You have the usual bar code with the number 7 outside the bar code to the left and the number 4 outside the bar code to the right?? Has anything changed......the bar code is: 1610401237 with the additional numbers outside the code...?

Not sure I understand your question. The barcode and the date code are two entirely different things. Yes, the barcodes usually have numbers both in front of and behind the bars. The ones in the photo below have a single digit preceding the bars and another single digit following them. However, what's being discussed in this thread is the two letter date code that appears to the right of the barcode. As noted, first letter = month, second letter = year. In both cases A = 1, although Spyderco ddidn't start using this code until around 2003. There no boxes with A as the second letter and, AFAIK, none with B as the second letter. Also, AFAIK, date code does not represent the "built date", but rather the date the knife was boxed. I would imagine that knives made in Golden, may be boxed the same day they were built, or on the next business day, but those made in other countries may have been made months before. In the photo below, the knife in the top box was packaged in July of 2008 and the bottom one in April of 2008.

SmallFly_Boxes.JPG

So datecode "CS" means March 2019, yes?

oic ;)

Yes.

Back