How is fit/finish of Queen

Those of you who have Queens how is the fit and finish of their stuff, thinking of picking up a Copperhead.From what I have read here I will have to do some work on the bench stones.

I use Queen as my benchmark for F&F at the price range of $50.
I consider Queen to be constant quality.
(just be prepared to rebevel)

The Copperheads I have are all good.
I have one that is stiffer but is not a nail breaker and opens easily by pinch pulling.

Those of you who have Queens how is the fit and finish of their stuff, thinking of picking up a Copperhead.From what I have read here I will have to do some work on the bench stones.

You will almost certainly need to do some work on the edge. Aside from that, I think the f&f on Queens is quite good. As with any manufactured item, sometimes some duds slip through but I have have about 20 Queens at the moment and all are great. I've owned probably another dozen or so that have been sold or traded with only one being below what I considered to be sub-par in quality.

Mostly they've been excellent, but I did return a single bladed gunstock folder that had a hideous chisel grind on the blade.
They gave me a replacement very quickly.

I've been wondering the same thing. I don't mind re-doing a blade (even in D2). Just that good fit and finish is what I need.

I have one Queen (a gunstock). The fit and finish is excellent, but the edge bevels were terribly uneven. I have improved them a bit but my meager sharpening skills, although sufficient to bring on a functional edge, are not enough to make them perfect.

Back