How is it pronounced?

This-
2010-10-06-0001.jpg

Arrived in the mail today. It is far more attractive in person. Really. And it begs to be held. And it is the first knife I have had that came with a quiver of sheaths. This knife will be on my leg during a wedding ceremony I shall be performing soon. I will also be wearing a kilt so it has relevance. It is my first sgain dubh. Sgane doo?
2010-10-06-0006.jpg

Googled this: "Try ski an doo (but say the ski-an as one word). " Mike

Great looking knife and sheaths!

The mail man was good to you... :)

skeeeeeen dooo. or something

interestingly enough, most of the traditional ones I've found aren't black. Horn handles are pretty common.

I have done some in single edged. they seem to sell more slowly. I'll warn you when the next one is going to go up :D

I'm working on modifications to the basic offering. Right now the "basic" setup is a sock sheath and a belt sheath either the patriot (MOLLE) style or the mini explorer (snap retention). The IWB is available, and all 4 can be had, but I'm not sure if I need what is best for a stock piece.

Neato. I love Sgian Dubh's. (Tons of spellings as well as unpronouncable...LOL.)

I need to make one.

Neato. I love Sgian Dubh's. (Tons of spellings as well as unpronouncable...LOL.)

I need to make one.

That's not a bad idea. It's like the mandatory nessmuk, but more fun :D

We should figure out a way to arrange a "themed" photoshoot of a bunch of makers' sgian dubhs

Back