How is the Kellam's Wolverine

Hey guys,

I am really looking at Kellam's Wolverine knife with interest. Does anyone own one? If so what do they think about it. My biggest concerns about knife is that the edge is tempered to 62hrc. Would it be a reliable workhorse i.e. edge not chipping on me? How thick is the blade? I would really like my fixed blades to have a decent thickness.
The most important issue is the grip security. My biggest fear is running my fingers on the edge if I lose grip on the knife.

Here is the knife's link:
http://www.kellamknives.com/cart/shop.cgi/page=wolverine.html/SID=1115229266.15024

Sincerely,
Kidwholaughs

The handle on the Wolverine looks even more secure than other puukkos I've got. Unless you're planning on heavy stabbing into hard materials, it's not an issue. If you are, you need a guard. But wood with that handle shape is a reliable grip for slicing.

I have their regular puukko, which is a very similar knife but not made with the SPT steel so the hardness isn't as high, but shape and size wise very very similar to the Wolverine. It's fine as knife. Blade is between 1/16 and 1/8 inch thick. Handle is very secure. If you like thick blades this isn't for you.

Back