• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

How long does it take for international orders to arrive in the US?

My tracking now says:

Processed Through Sort Facility ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

That means it's in customs. It should clear in a couple days (normally) and will go to a New York post office then be on its way to you.

16 days from shipment to receipt. Congratulations. Waiting for the mail is like solving a math problem where you don't know the answer until, well, until you know the answer.

Thank you SVTFreak. USPS abbreviations are cryptic. I had FedEx deliver three folders from Rimini, Italy to my door with a smile in three days for $20. The Tel Aviv seller charged $18 for registered mail, apparently, strapped to a sea turtle's shell.

My mailer from Tel Aviv, Israel paid for March 21, shipped March 23 makes today 26 days since shipment. Seller's ad. said 14 days at the outside. Which looks a bit optimistic at this point... Item is a vintage stainless steel Aitor (Spain) Mariner in very good condition per photos.

I had a package delivered from Central Washington to Bulgaria.

the shipper paid for guaranteed week delivery if I remember correctly.

The package made it to Bulgaria in 5 days? and sat for 7 months in a post office three blocks away from the address!

But I got it!

I had a ping pong paddle held up in customs for 3 months.......... Apparently US customs did not like the description the company used to describe the speed glue on on the paddle.

The Aitor (Spanish) folding marlin spike stainless steel boat knife arrived in my PO Box yesterday. I honestly thought that I would never see it. Puzzling to me that it took so long to reach me. Since this knife shipped from Israel the AITOR USA site has bit the dust per Go Daddy AFAICT. Here it is for your amusement (I'm slowly putting together a collection of boat knives and the foreigners are right here):

The blade lasering looks crisp and clear in person but doesn't render in the pics. The knife appears unused. It came without paperwork, box, sheath or lanyard. I am lucky to have found it. I had given up looking for this vintage model and only a forgotten saved search plowed this one up. I don't think that I will buy anything else from Israel unless it ships FedEx.

Somebody from USPS certainly read this site :p, because they are getting better in speed of delivery - I've shipped from Slovakia recently and it was delivered within 5 days!!! To New York.

can be anywhere from a week to 4+ weeks, depends on shipping method, service provider and customs.

Back