How many versions of the Dyad are there?

Hi-

Just wondering how many
different variations there are
of the Dyad. I've seen quite a
few, but which ones are still
currently available?

Thanks-

Honey (don't ask)

First let me say welcome to Bladeforums.
I believe there are 3 Dyads. A small and large micarta version, and one small zytel version. Of course I could be wrong.
smile.gif

Blades

Hi "Honey"-

How about a nice Bladeforums.com welcome for my own Dad, aka. Honey!

Dad's new to the internet, but certainly not to knives. And it's pretty cool he made his first post here on the Spydie forum, too. I hope you find this site to be as fun and informative as many of us already have.

Later-

clip

[This message has been edited by clip point (edited 02-05-2000).]

Honey welcome to the forums!
I don't know how many versions of the Dyad there are, sorry. You will find that on the Internet they are all currently available, just depends on how hard you are willing to look, and how much you're willing to pay.
wink.gif

clip, Honey is really your Dad? Does that mean he's Honey Point?

Yup-

That's my Dad.

We tried getting the handle "Professor" for him, but it was taken.(a barber he went to used to call him that) He's a teacher retired now from the Cleveland Public Schools. Thirty-some-odd years teaching.

Honey was suggested by my mom and I. My mom ran a day care center out of her house, and we got to see a lot of kids grow from infancy to in some cases six or seven years old. One boy in particular, Matthew, must have noticed at a young age that my mom called my Dad "Honey". So when Matt was old enough to talk, he would point at my Dad and say "Honey". So the name kind of stuck. Even to this day, Matt's gotta be almost ten now, he calls my mom Cindy, and my dad "Honey".

Not that he particularly enjoys that name... but he's stuck with it now!
wink.gif

clip

The only other male, "Honey" I know of was JFK's grandfather.

John Francis Fitzgerald ("Honey Fitz"), Mayor of Boston, Boston 11 Feb. 1863-Boston 2 Oct. 1950,

Welcome Honey - Pleased that your first post would be here. thank you.

Blades is correct, thus far, there are 3. The first Dyad was a mini Dyad; micarta scales with a clip. this was the first pilot project for a two bladed model. (1 plain, 1 serrated). Name then changed to Dyad Jr. (an attempt at consistency).

The next model introduced in production was the lite weight version (FRN) of the Dyad Jr. without the clip. Drop in the pocket style but with 4" of Spyderco cutting power. (high performance matter separator). We will probably discontinue the original Dyad Jr. (micarta) when this run is complete.

The large version comes out this June. Also done with micarta and a clip. Also 1 plain and one serrated. We don't know where the large one is going yet. We'll wait to see response and ELU suggestions before moving forward.

Hope that helps. Enjoy the forums. Quite a few very astute visitors here.

sal

I also echo a big "welcome honey". Good folks here and don't ever be shy about asking questions no matter how simple or otherwise. Again, welcome aboard.

Welcome 'Honey'!
biggrin.gif
There are others here who have funnier names.
smile.gif

I just received my Dyad Jr. today that was on back order from MJ&S Knives. Very chic little two bladed pocket knife. Both blades were VERY sharp. I like the micarta even though it is a slippery compared to zytel.

BTW this was designed purely as a RIGHTY knife - you can't open the blades one handed from your left hand, UNLESS you grab the knife firmly by one the holes and use the drop method.

The Dyad Jr. IMHO is a must have if you work in an environment where they glared at you for carrying ANY kind of pocket knife.
frown.gif

Bummer that it is going to be discountinued, at least they zytel one will still be avaiable -- yeah, I know, Sal - too many part numbers....LOL.
smile.gif

------------------
Ray 'md2020'

Back