"How much blade and handle can you fit in a fixed blade EDC?"

dan, you had mentioned that most folks dont know how to use a convex ground knife. could you explain that a little more?

Only that the general knife buyer is not equipped or prepared to properly use/maintain/sharpen a convex edge. I've always considered it to be the superior edge. But experience has shown that when given a choice, most prefer non-convex.

Dan

Make mine Convex please... Thru my use of Mike's Bark River knives and also a couple Treeman Scagels... I absolutely LOVE the full Convex (or even edge convex) grinds and think they cut like crazy, hold a great edge (w/good steel) and are easy to maintain. Just a little practice and you're good to go.

... but I understand where you're coming f/ Dan.

the general public only needs to spend $40.

IMG_0504.jpg

you can really do a lot with that thing, a reciprocal saw, and a drill. this was my first knife.

IMG_0957.JPG

IMG_0966.JPG

HEY DAN! v.3 is here safe.

I've been stuck in Atlanta for a day and a half due to "weather" and then an ATC malfunction. It was supposed to be a down and back trip, so no spare laptop battery or AC cord.

I'll have a write-up on v.2 tonight or tomorrow, and will get it back in the mail Thursday. I have a P.O. Box for you in Gentry. If this isn't correct, please let me know!

Thanks!

Great news - looking forward to the review!

Address:

PO BOX 1658
Gentry, AR

Thanks!

Dan

Yeah, I'm in agreement w/ Blackwind... V.1 is killer... Toss it into that black Leather sheath and it's a winner all around.

EDCPrototype0812-01.jpg

EDCPrototype0812-02.jpg

I agree with both of these guys. It's the perfect Pocket Bowie/PSK like what other makers have but Kosterized.

I like big handles for lots of leverage and plenty of room for a gloved big hand.

STR

If you haven't seen it yet...check out SPXTrader's great review:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=576724

I am getting ready to consider this for production...this one will be a true production knife...but completely fit by hand. If I can do this...it will help keep costs down considerably. I haven't done a full cost analysis yet...

But if you were to order this from me...it would end up costing well over $200 with a sheath.

That said...I'm not going to put this into production until I clear a few more things off my plate first....AND....get a good sheath setup for this knife.

As soon as I get the prototypes back...I'd like to see if the guys at JRE will whip me up a good pocket sheath design. :thumbup:

Ideally it would be one that could be carried either way - pocket or belt. Would be a deep pouch and will only come in black. ;)

Dan

Dan

Man, great review SPXTrader! 1 and 3 are my two favorites of all 3. Still liking "Fat Man" the most.

Looking forward to this one Dan!!

Thank you SPXTrader!
Really a nice project, Dan. One of your best.
But I'm already excited to see where your mind for the next one.
:)

(( hello,i'm new here and ... this is not a spam! Hello right back atcha and yes it is SPAM !!! ))

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...I was hungry this morning....ran out the door with no breakfast...

I guess it'll do for now...

spam.jpg

thanks, Esav. :thumbup:

On a brighter note...I made a drop-loop kydex sheath for the v.3 EDC and have been wearing it for a couple weeks now. I absolutely love it.

This one was part of my "experimentation" - so it's not what the final product will be. The biggest difference is that the kydex on the backside will be reversed - shiny side in rather than out.

But anywhere...here are some pics!

v3EDCKydex0923-01.jpg

v3EDCKydex0923-02.jpg

What do you think?

Dan

Here's a pic of v.4 - currently "in the works"....

3inchEDCv4.gif

Back