How much did your states licenses go up this year?

Hey guys just wondering how much your hunting/fishing licenses went up this year or if they did at all. I work at a local retail store at the gun counter and sell licenses and was just curious as to what was going on in other states. In Washington state the rates stayed about the same except their was a $8 fee added for salmon/steelhead fishing and they give the option to fish with two poles in most still water lakes for an extra $24.

However just accross the river in Oregon the fishing licenses actually doubled! It is now cheaper for an Oregon resident to buy an out of state Washington license and fish here than it is for them to buy one in their own state! Pretty crazy. So what changes have you seen in your state and how much do they charge. Just to give you an idea here are the basic rates in Washington.

Freshwater: $24
Combination fishing: $48
Add $8.25 to fish for salmon/steelhead in the Columbia River or its tributaries(all rivers/streams around here are in that category)

Deer, Elk, Bear, Cougar combination hunting license: $76
Small Game: $39
Pheasant: $90 :eek:

Last edited:
My freshwater (non-tidal) license set me back $20.50 + $5.00 for a trout stamp. Not sure what I paid last year. I think it was the same, but I can remember when they were a lot less. I have not looked into a 2010 hunting license yet.

We are lucky over here, no fishing license required. Only for game birds and animals.

NY, in poor financial shape , now requires a marine fishing license, in addition to regular license, if you catch a migratory fish like an eel or shad !! So you could be 100 miles or more from the sea in rivers like the Hudson or Delaware and require it !

Resident fishing license in Kentucky is $20.
Or you could go for this for $95:
Sportsman License - Includes Combination Hunting and Fishing License, Resident Deer Permit, Spring Turkey Permit, Resident Fall Turkey Permit, State Waterfowl Permit and Trout Permit

CT freshwater fishing went from 20 to 40 then down to 28 opening day.

Yeah and they are not refunding or offering any credit to those of us who purchased the licenses at the higher price! What a bunch of BS:mad:

I paid the same amount for my out of state Florida fishing license as my Res CT license. ($50)

I also have a NYS ($29) and MA(38) license as well

In my birth state the cost of out of state hunting licenses (traditionally an expensive prospect) has actually gone DOWN under certain conditions. The state actually realized discouraging hunting from previous citizens is detrimental to hunting, conservation, and herd control in the long run. It would be nice if other states adopted such.

A freshwater rod license costs £27 (gone up £1 or £2) and this allows you to fish in England and Wales. There is no license for sea fishing. A game fishing license costs over £60.

Yeah and they are not refunding or offering any credit to those of us who purchased the licenses at the higher price! What a bunch of BS:mad:

I paid the same amount for my out of state Florida fishing license as my Res CT license. ($50)

I also have a NYS ($29) and MA(38) license as well

I got lucky and held out until opening day to buy and print mine out. That's wrong though, people should get a refund or get the 12$ put towards next years license on the account.

Yeah Oregon Sucks! Not only did they raise all the Hunting/Fishing Fees. They are also discussing forcing us to wear Hunter Orange too. :(

Economy still in the crapper, but everyone is raising fees it seems. :mad:

WOOOOW..... $90 for Pheasant here in WA??:barf:

Yup they actually started this last year but you need a $90 pheasant permit to hunt the west side of Washington. You can hunt the east side with just a small game license($39) though.

Yeah Oregon Sucks! Not only did they raise all the Hunting/Fishing Fees. They are also discussing forcing us to wear Hunter Orange too. :(

Economy still in the crapper, but everyone is raising fees it seems. :mad:

Ya they sure did raise your rates like crazy didn't they. I sell licenses here in Washington and I have to listen to constant bitching from people because of the extra $8.25 for salmon/steelhead. I can't imagine having to tell them that it doubled!

Oh and here in Washington hunters orange has been required for quite some time.

Back