How much do you actualy use you multi-tool?

Engineer/computer jock. I fish, ice fish, hunt (mainly deer), and putter in the garage.

Multitool of choice Leatherman Juice S2. Spends everyday in my right front jeans pocket.

Tools:
Needlenose Pliers
Straight Knife
Wire Cutters
Hard-Wire Cutters
Extra-Small Screwdriver
Small Screwdriver
Med/Lrg Screwdriver
Phillips Screwdriver
Lanyard Attachment
Can/Bottle Opener
Scissors

I use the pliers and screw drivers often. The small screwdriver is especially handy for eyglass repairs. The flat tips work great for small prying (I am a finger nail biter) such as battery doors.

The blade was my only EDC blade until I recently purchased a Kershaw Vapor. Before the Vapor the blade was exercised on pretty much a daily basis. The scissors seldom get used as they are rather small and the knife blade is razor sharp and can handle most jobs.

The can/bottle opener has never been used. I have a P-38 on my keychain and it works better for opening cans.

The tools have been used for several years to open toy packages and clip wires on birthdays and Christmas.
Overall, for me, it is close to the perfect urban, office, multitool.
I have the Juice also. I leave it in the kitchen and usually grab it on weekends.Another Leatherman masterpiece.

This afternoon, I used my fairly standard Wenger SAK to open a can of Spagettios for lunch.

Leatherman new Wave, constantly through the day. Faster than getting a tool from another location. Really like the tools. Only complaint would be that at times I would prefer a dedicated phillips rather than the bit driver, but not always.
Switched back to a PST for a while, but really like the Wave. I think that it is very close to being as good as a dedicated tool for many jobs.

Vic Bladeless - Scissors snip off annoying hangnails, and loose threads. Toothpick surprisingly often for intended purpose and as an eating utensil.

Spartan/Cadet - Fastest way to sharpen my student's pencils and for food, fishing line, packages. Bottle opener quite often.

My Wave is on my hip every day and it gets used a ton, mostly for the pliers and then the saw/phillips/tiny flathead. I pull low voltage wiring, install home AV systems, program control systems, etc. I have a variety of screwdrivers, pliers and specialized tools in my bag, but there are plenty of times when I am high on a ladder, up in an attic, in a crawlspace or even just on the other side of the room, far from my bag when one of the tools inside the Wave gets the job done instead.

The small flathead is great for phoenix connectors. I use the saw a lot also for enlarging holes in the backs of cabinets (thin wood) or cutting wire molding or other hard plastics. The scissors is valuable for delicate cutting jobs, such as cutting along the plastic jacket of a wire.

A multitool isn't the fastest and by no means is it a replacement for a good bread and butter set of tools, but I wouldn't go a day without it and if I had to pick one blade/tool to carry with me for survival it would be a multitool. A friend of mine got locked in a public bathroom once by a glitched doorknob lock and his tool got him out.

Edit: I should note that my standard belt set of tools is the Wave, a phone man's 2-slot leather pouch with a Jameson skinning knife/pair of Klein electrician's scissors, AA Maglite and a hidden Benchmade 710. The scissors are my #1 used tool by far, and the skinning shank is perfect for opening all sorts of boxes and rough cutting. The Wave supplements my arsenal with pliers, drivers and saw. I like to travel light and I am doing 95% finish work so a massive tool belt with everything in it gets in the way and can damage my surroundings.

I just used my Leatherman Blast to cook dinner. I use it to open cans, cut meat, whatever. I used it at work yesterday to open a box and use it all the time there to open cans, jars, jugs.

I just used my Leatherman Blast to cook dinner. I use it to open cans, cut meat, whatever.

So I'm nosy. What has brought you to this pass?
Coincidentally, I am in a similar situation. Normally, I seldom use multitools in the kitchen because everything we need for food perparation is at hand and works better. For the last several months, however, the place has been in chaos because of remodeling. Stuff gets shifted around and household implements get misplaced. For that reason, my multitool has had to sub, at one time or another, for paring knife, bottle and can opener, pliers, screwdrivers etc., and looks to be that way until the holiday season, maybe beyond.

It's been a little like camping out :rolleyes: but so much fun gets elderly after a while.

It came to being from the fact that I am more comfortable with the Leatherman than any other knife plus I almsot always have it with me so it is more convenient. I also use a Buck 105 Pathfinder fixed blade, Buck 110 folder, and a Schrade Skinner w/guthook with a wide belly for much of the chopping.

i used to carry a Supertool, then went to a Juice, now i just have a Squirt (P) on a ring with a AAA flashlight in my pocket. i also typically have a two spring SAK (Spartan, Officer) on me.

weirdly i use the Squirt more than the other two. i'm not a mechanic or handyman, so the large tools weren't that useful on a daily basis. the Supertool still lives in my backpack for camping though.

This was years ago, but I was getting air in my Blazer,and I had chrome valve stem caps, and couldn't get one off. It was one of those few times when I didn't have my wave with me. Just one more example of why I always carry one.It has become part of me now.

Everyday, my Wave is a "must-have" tool.
As a plumber I can not do without it.

Everyday, my Wave is a "must-have" tool.
As a plumber I can not do without it.

Just curious; As a plumber, you must have a kit of dedicated tools on the job. With those at hand, how does a Wave become a "must-have" tool? That is, what do you do with it?

I, too, have used my Leathermen on plumbing and other repair work, but only when caught without regular tools. My compact kit includes all of what can be found on a multi-tool. Although I am never without or far from one or more Leatherman tools, they get most of their use from on the spot fixits, "emergencies" and when I am too lazy to fetch the proper tool.

But I'm willing to learn :)

I don't use mine that often, but lately I've used my Wave to

1. reattach loose battery cables on my son's car (pliers).

2. filed down "kickplate" on cellar door so it would shut and lock (file).

Not heavy duty stuff, but if I didn't keep it in my truck, I would have been out of luck.

I used the saw on my Spirit yesterday to take a few branches off the bottom of our Christmas tree so it would fit in the stand.

I have a Leatherman Wave. I'm a fiber optic splicer and i'm always using my multi-tool. I was wearing out my sheepsfoot blade on my pocket knife so i cut and filed down the serrated blade of my Leatherman into a sheepsfoot now i never even get out my pocket knife.

Back