How to find what a knife originally sold for?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Hypermole, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Hypermole

Hypermole

Aug 23, 2012
    I hope this topic is acceptable. Is there a way to find out what a knife was sold for when they first came out? I've tried Google and had some luck but It took along time to find the information.

Thank You

2. philllll

philllll

May 23, 2013
    I have wondered this too. And it bothers me when people take out the price after their item is sold in the exchange. I want to see what it sold for so I can make an informed decision! I don't understand the reasoning behind hiding the price after it has sold.

3. Hypermole

Hypermole

Aug 23, 2012
    I am just looking for retail prices.

4. joeyza

joeyza

Feb 27, 2013
    i totally agree! would love to see what so many knives sold for but ppl keep erasing the prices, i dont get why:confused:

5. RevDevil

RevDevil

Nov 9, 2009
    This horse has long been dead after being beaten, shot, stabbed, burned, and shot out of a cannon twice. The answer to your questions can be found with a little searching on your part. As for finding the original prices on what a knife was solf for when it was released, the best thing to do is ask on the forums or go directly to the manufacturer's website and look at what percentqge off MSRP a current knife goes for.

6. philllll

philllll

May 23, 2013
    But I don't wanna search, I wanna complain! Also wouldn't I have to pay for a gold membership if I wanted to ask about resale prices? I did read some of the rules!

This is a great idea I hadn't thought of before.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  7. Kazeryu

Kazeryu

Nov 7, 2005
    Many people collect/store/keep (?) old knife catalogues.

If you don't pester them too frequently, the folks in Bernard Levine's subforum may be willing to assist.

8. ooitzoo

ooitzoo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Why not just ask the seller?!? I am sure most people will be just fine with telling you.