How to repair/treat snakeskin????

I have a pair of snakeskin boots and some of the scales are starting to lift. A buddy mentioned coating with Elmers Glue or spray adhesive. Just wondering if anyone here has any advice.

Thanks

I ve used a lotion that was made for skins....kinda like leather conditioner, but made specifically for exoctic skins.

I dont have to do anything to my wallet cause it soaks it up naturally.:eek:

Its slick as a baby's bottom.:eek::D

Yeah, I"m trying to get them to look as nice as that sheath I got from you! By the way, who made that??

Hey TattooBlade, according to wise geek on a google search....."Interestingly, snakes shed their old skin when their new skin is formed beneath it. The new skin has the same patterns and colors as the old skin that is ready for shedding. When the old skin is shed, however, it doesn’t look exactly the same as its replacement. It takes on a nearly transparent appearance". Looks like you won't have to worry about it cause another skin is coming :eek: :D :thumbup: :p

NO Glue! No adhesive! No sealer! Snake skin needs to breath! Knife Hunter nailed it on the head, go to the boot store and get some reptile conditioner. The scales will rise on some larger scaled skins no matter what you do, especially rattler and large python. Its not a sign of drying but of use. Keep the conditioner on there religiously, especially around here where the weather can eat that stuff for lunch.

Snake skin, it had me thinking you were asking about Busse knife handles. :p

Back