How Was the Membership Meeting?

I was really sorry that my travel arrangements did not allow me to attend the Membership Meeting in Atlanta.

How did the meeting go?

How many people made it?

Do you think that you will try to coordinate a meeting with next year's Blade Show?

I know that everyone is catching their breath but please post some info.

------------------
AKTI Member No. A000370
Email: DouglasSctt@Netscape.net

The membership meeting was an excellent update on what the committee chairmen have been working on. We also had very positive news to report on the California situation - looks like we can score a victory for AKTI!

About 30 people attended the meeting and then we had terrific discussions after as a group about AKTI's role and image.

Minutes will be posted to the AKTI members only section.

No decision made about a booth space at Blade next year - but we will have our annual meeting same time again. It worked out well for everyone and hopefully next year we'll have even more members plan to attend.

Jan

------------------
Jan Billeb
Executive Director, AKTI

I got the chance to stand up and speak for AKTI at the awards dinner Saturday night at blade show. We had 3 meetings total at the blade show with the membership meeting, advisory board meeting and a seminar that was held saturday morning. Non board member attendance at all 3 meetings combined was very low. I really appreciate the people who did make it. Some great questions were asked and that interaction will help AKTI solidify our positions on issues.

We are looking forward to a great meeting next year and based on all the feedback Board members received on Sunday at Blade, turnout should be pretty good.

------------------
CJ Buck
Buck Knives, Inc.
AKTI Member #PR00003

Back