Photos How Well Do We Know Our ABC's? (Traditional Version)

Zscherny backpocket
View attachment 1167647 View attachment 1167648

Zscherny Barlow
View attachment 1167650

Zscherny swayback
View attachment 1167653

Andy Fannin Zulu
View attachment 1167654

Eli Chaps Eli Chaps I have to say thank you for starting such an entertaining and enjoyable thread. It was been mind boggling to walk through the alphabet and see the variety of knives, the creativity of our members, the humor, the daily education. Thanks also to all the folks who have thrilled us with their posts and kept me wondering each evening what I would see next - I’ve not been disappointed. I’ll be traveling for much of August and away from my stash, so I’m not likely to continue posting if this thread continues, but I’ll keep watching!

Thank you for all the great knives you shared! Awesome collection. :thumbsup:

Zulu
XA5dz2j.jpg

Well done Eli Chaps Eli Chaps :thumbsup::thumbsup: It's been fun to view this thread each day!

Let me start by saying a huge thank you to everyone who has participated in this thread. Wow!

So many amazing knives were shared. Way beyond my expectations and so much fun to log on each day and wonder what wonderful stuff you all had to offer. I've seen so many knife brands that I never knew existed, so many beautiful old knives, mind blowing customs, and so much more. Great stuff.

I'd like to take a stab at keeping it going for another round and see how it goes.

ROUND TWO:
- We'll again start at A and work to Z (tomorrow)
- The letter must be included in the actual knife description/nomenclature
- Only post each knife once so be selective on what letter you want to use each one for
- Don't have to post each day but just see how many letters you can fill

Sound good to everyone?
In your first post, you said: "So I think this will either be fun or a total failure." Well, this has certainly been fun, Eli, for at least two reasons: (1) the plenitude of pulchritudinous pocket cutlery pictured here, and (2) being forced to contemplate each knife in my collection. I don't have enough knives to go through the alphabet again--had to cheat a little the first time with entries like "Fantastic Four", "Quality Quartet", "Ultimate knife", and "Xtra blades." But there are at least four knives I haven't posted, not counting my only knife that doesn't fit the "traditional folders and fixed blades" category (an out-the-front Italian switchblade), which I won't post. I may be able to post a knife for most of the letters; I will have to skip some.

Back